• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project grocery getter

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If the fuel filler neck makes the rear hatch inoperable, can you get your hands on a diamond plate tool box, narrow it up and mount the current filler hose through the side of it to disguise it? That way, if you cut the bottom out of the box, it would sit down over the fuel tank and hide it. Who knows, with your welding skills, you could section up the bottom of the tool box and actually have a lockable tool area for tow straps or whatever.

OP
OP
P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
Here's some pics of the winch bumper coming together, got a scoop on her as well. I might even try to get some paint on the old girl if the weather holds.

Bumper not quite done, need to get some strap to go over the uprights, finish the ends, and finish the recovery points.

DSC05087-1.jpg

DSC05088-1.jpg

DSC05090.jpg

DSC05091.jpg

DSC05089.jpg

DSC05095.jpg

DSC05096.jpg

DSC05097.jpg

DSC05098.jpg

OP
OP
P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
Thx, amazing what you can design out of cardboard. It's all 1/4 but due to the design and the "speed" holes it's only about 80 lbs. I still need to do some more work to it, hopefully I'll have it mounted this weekend.

OP
OP
P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
Need a new grill shell, as you can see mines a little tweaked. Still need to get some syrap to go around the uprights, the outer grill gaurd tubes, and cut the holes for the shackles. Also going to tie the corners into the frame around the body mount area.

OP
OP
P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
I'll get some side shots up tomorrow, this will be the 3rd offroad truck I've done, rattletan. I love it, doesn't show dirt, touches up super easy, and looks badass when done tan/black.

jperry1290

how does the paint hold up to the elements? i ve heard mixed reviews mostly saying it peels of within a year or so

OP
OP
P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
how does the paint hold up to the elements? i ve heard mixed reviews mostly saying it peels of within a year or so

Depends on the brand. Most will fade out before they peel. The rattletan I'm using is made by krylon in there camo type paint. It'd a good brand with a good spray tip. Should last a long while.