• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project grocery getter

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Ponyracer is currently in Korea. He will be there for about a year and when he gets back, he is PCSing to Alaska

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
Cindy (my wife) will be leaving for Souel and Dong Bu on July 18th for three weeks. And it is now their rainy season.

There are not many American people there. Just teachers and military personal.

OP
OP
P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
Ya I'm here. Been here about 45 days now. All's well except I can work on my bronco. I did do some last minute carnage with an angle grinder before I left though ;D.

Sold the flares, started cutting for 44-45" tractor tires with little to no more lift. Got about half done and the wife told me to get in the truck as we had to go to the airport........

Thanks for looking out JDJ

Hey Shamu, if you need anything while your here I PM'd you my phone number. I'm down south in Taegu city.

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Ponyracer....no prob man! Just trying to look out for a bronco brother! I hope all is well. When you get back state side, how long will you be in Crestview before heading to Alaska?

Might have to try and get a trail ride together if possible.

I have been steadly working on my EFI project. I'm not moving as fast as I would like, but I think I am making it look pretty good. I will be happy with it when I get done with it. Stop by my build thread and say hey. I haven't uploaded any pics in about week. I got a new phone and it is NOT letting me upload pics. HTC Thunderbolt.

JDJ

OP
OP
P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
Ponyracer....no prob man! Just trying to look out for a bronco brother! I hope all is well. When you get back state side, how long will you be in Crestview before heading to Alaska?

Might have to try and get a trail ride together if possible.

I have been steadly working on my EFI project. I'm not moving as fast as I would like, but I think I am making it look pretty good. I will be happy with it when I get done with it. Stop by my build thread and say hey. I haven't uploaded any pics in about week. I got a new phone and it is NOT letting me upload pics. HTC Thunderbolt.

JDJ

Good to hear man, I'll have a look. I'll be home for 30 days around xmas but the bronco is in no shape for a ride unfortunately. Will be home "for good" the first week of june, staying just long enough to get everything loaded and the house up for rent then we're rolling. Prob a week or so.

OP
OP
P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
Man I HAVE to stop coming on this site!!!! I was poking around and read a thread about bronco campers that got me thinking.

Here's the deal. I am in the process of finishing a 32' gooseneck toy hauler/camper that we will be using to move to AK. Once we get there it will be finished into more of a long term camper, running water, stove, heater etc. Will work great for trailhead camping of when hauling sleds up north to go snowmobiling or using 4wheelers. Prob is, I want to do alot of exploring/panning for gold, etc. Alot of the trails I'm seeing up there are 30-40 miles long. Lots of guys wheel in, camp, then wheel out. I'm not to big on sleeping on the ground in a tent after damn near getting drowned during a huge storm that blew up on us while camping in the UK. Say nothing of 500lb grizzles that might want an easy snack in the middle of the night.

I've also decided that the bronco will be more of an exploration rig rather than a straight wheeler.

So I'm thinking of building a semi permanent camper on the bronco. Would need to re do the bed tank and move the shock hoops back under the truck. Thinking of a 23 gal tank in the back and a custom 6" tank that goes under the floor of the camper, basically cover the whole bed floor.

As far as size goes, I'm thinking sleep 2 comfortably, 3-4 uncomfortably. Strictly a one nighter, ruff camping, a dry bed and a light/heater. Here's some pics:

Basic shape, I know my paint skills are AWESOME!!
camper1.jpg

Black shaded area is the sleeper, green would be seats, towards the back would be open for dogs, gear, etc.
camper2.jpg

Layout, thick black is roll cage, blue is 1x1 sq tubing. Prob design it so 2-3 people could ride back there if needed.
camper4.jpg

Upper layout, sleeping area on both sides, open in the middle for access. Wouldnt be spacious by any means, prob 2' tall at the tallest point in sleeping area.

Layoutupper.png

OP
OP
P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
Can I get a few measurements to see if this is even possible? How wide are our bronco's? Mines been stretched 16"s so length in the sleeper won't be a prob, would build it like my camper, 1x1 skinned with .32 ally sheet and insulated with pink hardboard. I have a complete RV door and frame and some windows that I was going to use in my hauler but I may buy new since there not the perfect size but I think they'd work well here. Prob a big side window in each side and a door in the center, rear.

Am I nuts?

OP
OP
P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
Thinking 2-4 summit racing seats and harnesses mounted against the bedrails facing the center so they'd be over the wheelwells with your feet in the middle. HHMMMMMMM the more I think about this the more $$ get's spent. This is not good.

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
The sky's the limit.....so is the available credit on the plastic card ;D