• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project "BOB - Big Orange Bronco" Wheeling pics addded

kens71

Loc.
Sumter, S.C.
robert, Keith, and Jessica....

Your build is Just plain awesome. And Thanks for hooking me up with the soft top.Ken, Kim, and Chris in Manning.

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Your build is Just plain awesome. And Thanks for hooking me up with the soft top.Ken, Kim, and Chris in Manning.

Ken - Thanks for the compliment! I'll give you a call next time I'm down towards Manning.

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got to work on the hood today. I cut the extra inch out of it and got it welded back together. It's bolted back onto the tub for now and it's time to start on a different area. I think we'll move to the front end and tie all of the loose ends we left - track bar riser, track bar, ram, etc.

Here are some pics of the finished hood :cool:

Attachments

• P1000672.JPG
    P1000672.JPG
    228.6 KB · Views: 101
  • P1000673.JPG
    P1000673.JPG
    236.9 KB · Views: 85
  • P1000674.JPG
    P1000674.JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 168
  • P1000677.JPG
    P1000677.JPG
    229.4 KB · Views: 174
  • P1000678.JPG
    P1000678.JPG
    216 KB · Views: 151

Dan76

I cant believe I forgot to keep up on this thread!! Last time I checked I think was page 4-5. Awesome job it looks mean, builds like these sure are an inspiration!

Jacksoon

It's looking really nice Robert. Maybe we can come see y'all soon and see it in person.

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for all of the compliments - they keep me motivated!!

I think I figured out how to mount the superduty hydroboost and master cylinder without too much trouble. If I move the brake pedal to the left where the clutch usually goes (but I'm auto so I've got the space) and make the push rod connect on the left side of the pedal (stock is on right side) then I can move the hydroboost far enough over to clear the intake & steering column and even lower it about an inch - just enough to clear the hood :) It's surprising that it should fit that easy so I'm scared of what I have not thought about that will bite me in the butt.

Question .... If I connect the push rod to the left of the pedal, will it hurt to lower the connection aprox. 1 inch on the pedal so that I can lower the hydroboost? Will it effect the travel vs. push?

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Question .... If I connect the push rod to the left of the pedal, will it hurt to lower the connection aprox. 1 inch on the pedal so that I can lower the hydroboost? Will it effect the travel vs. push?

If you lower it an inch on the pedal it should decrease the travel needed (lower on the pendulum)

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you lower it an inch on the pedal it should decrease the travel needed (lower on the pendulum)

But that should not effect it, right? Just less travel in the peddle.

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The hydroboost went in much easier than I expected ;D We ended up installing it so that the push-rod goes through (or is centered on) one of the old mounting points for the pedal assembly. It is the same height as the stock location, just pushed further to the fender to clear the intake. I used a Powerstroke 7.3L unit with the matching master cylinder. The hood BARELY clears, but it does!!!

We cut the stock pedal assembly so that we could put the brake pedal in the clutch position and moved the stub for the push-rod to connect to from the right side of the pedal to the left side of the pedal. Lined right up and made for an easy conversion. We added some angle iron to the backside (under dash) to help make it more rigid. I need to make the brake pedal wider so that it's not so far away from the skinny pedal - might even add another pedal in between the two and weld them together for an extra wide brake pedal.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Explorer PS pump will have enough juice to push the ram and hydroboost.

Here are some pics :cool:

Attachments

• DSC00801.JPG
    DSC00801.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 389
  • DSC00802.JPG
    DSC00802.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 387
OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
After the hydroboost we went ahead and cut the firewall for the wiring and also modified the stock Bronco skinny pedal for the mustang accelerator cable.

Attachments

• DSC00803.JPG
    DSC00803.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 201
  • DSC00804.JPG
    DSC00804.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 181

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
Good work today on the rig... I wish I could have got down in time to come by... I like the booster.. Will your front fender bracing still hook up on the driver side to the fire wall??? Just looked a little tight... Good job..

744x4

Loc.
Taylors,SC
Will your front fender bracing still hook up on the driver side to the fire wall??? Just looked a little tight... Good job..
????????????????

There is no fender bracing in a narrowed front end.The fenders still have all bolts in the top but none on the bottom but I aint done cutting it yet.

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
????????????????

There is no fender bracing in a narrowed front end.The fenders still have all bolts in the top but none on the bottom but I aint done cutting it yet.

Sorry about that Keith... I thought that there was a plate bolting to the fire wall that holds the tubing for the fenders to sit on...%)

744x4

Loc.
Taylors,SC
It sits about 3/4 in over to the right and is still whole.It is about 10 in square and 3/16 diamond plate turned inside out.I guess I didnt know what you were refering to.

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good work today on the rig... I wish I could have got down in time to come by... I like the booster.. Will your front fender bracing still hook up on the driver side to the fire wall??? Just looked a little tight... Good job..

My original plan was to mount the hydroboost about 1.5" down and 2" further over - I didn't think it would fit where it did. After measuring, re-measuring, and making a cardboard model we decided that we were safe to let the 2-1/8" hole saw go to cutting. This way made it a whole lot less modification to the pedals. If we had gone with my original plan then we would have had to trim the plate that holds the tube support, but it does clear without any problems this way.