• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project "BOB - Big Orange Bronco" Wheeling pics addded

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is a pic of the direction we are heading with the new tailgate support framework. We'll re-use all of the stock latches, hinge, etc.

Attachments

• P1000915.JPG
    P1000915.JPG
    239.9 KB · Views: 1,240
  • P1000919.JPG
    P1000919.JPG
    239.3 KB · Views: 192

744x4

Loc.
Taylors,SC
We thought about that too ;D After talking about it I double checked before we welded it in for good that it wasn't upside down.

Or backwards and not centered.I swear everyone comments on it not being centered but nobody has measured the bolt holes in the Tailgate.They are not on center but the tape measure doesnt lie on a 58 in tailgate.The new one will be 38.5 in wide with a 1/4 in overlap.

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Damn that looks good after cleaning it all up.

No kidding I was stoked ;D There's a little more filling and re-cleaning to do but the bedliner will cover most of the imperfections. It's a amazing what 20 minutes with a grinder and flap disc can do.

Jacksoon

Hey Robert, I sure am glad you explained this tailgate arrangement to me the other night. I am able to see it now. It's going to look different, but it will look good. Trigger says Hi.

744x4

Loc.
Taylors,SC
His Dad had him as he is in timeout as the little one is in heat and it too little to breed with that Shetland Pony of a dog.:)

Jacksoon

His Dad had him as he is in timeout as the little one is in heat and it too little to breed with that Shetland Pony of a dog.:)

Keith, Trigger now has me in trouble with one of my neighbors with his barking during the days. Oh well. Guess we will have to work on our and her problems together.

744x4

Loc.
Taylors,SC
Tell Robert to bring over that bark collar and he will shut up.I have seen him get zapped when Chesnee barked one day and he didnt like it too much.I thought it was oddly funny when she barked he got shocked.

Hell My neighbors dog is hanging out on my ft porch barking and chasing people up and down the street and I am just waiting for her to bite someone so I can point out her house to them for them to sue her.She chased a old man up in the neighbors bushes one day and he was yelling at me to get my Dog and I told him he was on his own as it wasn't my dog.:)

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cut the Tailgate!

Cut the tailgate into 3 pieces today ;D The tailgate is only sitting on some 2x4's in the pic so it's not the right height, but good enough for a pic.

The 2x2 angle iron will serve as the new hinge and latch support. It's burned in and is very stout. Now the aggravating work trying to get all of the bolt holes drilled and get everything to line up.

Attachments

• P1000923.jpg
    P1000923.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,526

Jacksoon

Cut the tailgate into 3 pieces today ;D The tailgate is only sitting on some 2x4's in the pic so it's not the right height, but good enough for a pic.

The 2x2 angle iron will serve as the new hinge and latch support. It's burned in and is very stout. Now the aggravating work trying to get all of the bolt holes drilled and get everything to line up.

Hey Sport....Looks like you are going to need some big ass mud flaps for that rear end. LOL.... Looking good.

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's growing on me for sure. I wanted to keep the bronco look by keeping the stock rear body & tailgate, but was forced to do something for clearance. It's more of the "buggy" look now, but the front end is chopped too so what they heck :cool: We've got a good rear exo idea too that will tie it all together visually.

I'll still have it insured and titled so I can take it to get ice cream ;D

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
What might be your favorite flavor of ice cream???? LOL;D ;D

You boys in upstate SC ain't right!!! Degree Wheels, laser finders, ice cream buggies!!!

Makes me home sick!!!:cool: :cool:

That rig is looking good!!!

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ben - I'm not picky when it comes to ice cream ;D

We got some work done on the cage today. The pics don't show it, but the tailgate is complete and closes nice and tight. Also, both upper corners are burned in.

The rear hoop had to be narrow enough to fit between the wheel wells so it made for an interesting tie-in back to the main hoop. We also got the shoulder belt mount hoop bent which connects the tube that the coilovers will mount to. It's only tacked in for now, but it's really starting to come together.

The entire cage has a slight rake forward - a little different than what you can buy and other people make. It still fits under a top (used a junk hard top without any glass to test fit). Next will be the coil over mounts and seat mounts.

Oh yea... notice how we cleaned up the rear fender cut. That jagged fender was an eye-sore so we made a template to cut both sides to.

Attachments

• DSC00939.jpg
    DSC00939.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,011
  • DSC00940.jpg
    DSC00940.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC00941.jpg
    DSC00941.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 117