• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

PS overflow.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Late last summer I changed out a PS hose, checked for leaks no issues. Fast forward to Thanksgiving and I got the ole girl out for a ride. After backing it in I noticed foamy PS fluid dripping. All connections look good, just walked away to deal with later. Just remember today, I saw something about having to "burp" the PS system after installing a new hose. Would that apply to what I did too, does it have air in the system causing it to overflow, or am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Getting the air out does apply to a new hose. Me, I’d make sure it has enough fluid with the engine running and take it for a drive, it will work itself out.

Ovalis

Contributor
Loc.
Los Angeles
I would do the jack up the front end procedure as mentioned but I like to add about a foot or more of preferibly clear hose to the inlet of the pump while doing it so when it starts burping all the fluid and air out, the fluid doesn't spill all over the place and it goes back into the pump.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When you say inlet, do you mean the low pressure return fitting, or the filler neck?
Love to see more details about anything that keeps from getting a burping mess all over everything.