• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

putting/sealing passenger side intake vent in cowl

plothead

i need to put the passenger side intake vent for the heater in the cowl/fire wall, which i can do, but im wondering if its sealed some way or got seam sealant around it. mine was melted and scorched so i have not frame of reference.
anyone got any ideas behind this? i was thining of dropiing it in then sealing around the sides but i got no idea how to do it.
thanks
cd

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
The passenger side does not seal at all on top. It seals on the side of kick panel. Use some silicone and make sure you get all of the screw holes. If you look at this picture, the vent will cover the large hole in kick panel. There is a small round piece that fits in the hole first and the vent covers it. You can see all of the small screw holes in the picture as well.

Attachments

• cut the front back off.jpg
    cut the front back off.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
2badrotties said:
The passenger side does not seal at all on top. It seals on the side of kick panel. Use some silicone and make sure you get all of the screw holes. If you look at this picture, the vent will cover the large hole in kick panel. There is a small round piece that fits in the hole first and the vent covers it. You can see all of the small screw holes in the picture as well.

You playing with another new toy 2 bad???
TOFIC

eds66bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Essex, Vermont
get a roll of that 1" wide by 3/8 black neoprene weather stripping tape. apply to outside of kick panel around the hole and then insert the box.

OP
OP
P

plothead

thanks
i swore when i removed the melted one there was a bunch of seam sealant or filler around the part that rests in the engine compartment. ill try and dbl check my shop manuals.
cd