• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Questions regarding why my blinkers wont work and fuel gauge?

SickWhips

Contributor
First question i have is, is there a way to bypass the fuel tank selector and run it straight to the fuel gauge.. we removed the axillary tank so we didnt need the fuel tank selector and removed it.. Now the fuel gauge wont work? Need your all's opinion and input on what to do..

Second question i have is about why my blinker wont work? We replaced steering column with a new one from toms.. Brake lights, lights, brights, wipers all work but my blinkers wont? On the grille the front turn signal buckets the bulb sockets are rusted and corroded very bad.. One light works but the blinker wont work on that either.. The other light bulb looks like it was melted or rusted to the socket? the light wont work for the reason.. Why wont the blinkers work?? i need your all's input!! Thanks Everyone..

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
1) At the switch, take the orange wire coming from the gauge and connect it straight to the orange wire going to the main tank sender. If it's a '77 it'll have an orange wire going to the aux tank too, so that could add some confusion. Earlier years used a yellow-white wire to aux tank.

2) Need a little more info. What year harness and column? Do rear turn signals work? D dash signal indicators work correctly? What happens when you turn the lights on?

OP
OP
SickWhips

SickWhips

Contributor
Thanks for the info on the fuel gauge...

On the blinkers, the rear blinkers dont work either.. they never worked even when we bought it 1 year ago.. its a 75 ranger bronco and column from toms.. all the other lights work.. Turn signal handle clicks in place left and right.. dont hear any clicking and no blinkers...

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Check fuse #2 and the flasher. If the hazards work, the wiring between the column and lights is good.

OP
OP
SickWhips

SickWhips

Contributor
the hazards dont work either... what is causing this?

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Any one check the level of the blinker fluid?