• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Quiet High Flow Mufflers, Do they exist?

Gsxr7000

Contributor
The previous owner put 1 chamber flowmasters on my bronco with side pipes exiting in front of the tires on both sides. You talking about loud... woof

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
“...Sound preference is so much of a personal preference. ..."
he’s lookin for performance (hi flow thru) and quiet, nota specific ‘note’.
Fergedid ‘sound, note, tone. I cant comment during those discussions.
Volume (sound) & amount of pass thru (flow) are math Qs so can B qualified. I will there~
Ur search is 4 opposites, so as said use a turbo design (of the 3, 4 designs in muffs) which
like a multi-purpose vehicle (the bronk is such and therefore is a looser, not good @ anything,
OK @ a few things) gets @ what U seek.

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
“...Sound preference is so much of a personal preference. ..."
he’s lookin for performance (hi flow thru) and quiet, nota specific ‘note’.
Fergedid ‘sound, note, tone. I cant comment during those discussions.
Volume (sound) & amount of pass thru (flow) are math Qs so can B qualified. I will there~
Ur search is 4 opposites, so as said use a turbo design (of the 3, 4 designs in muffs) which
like a multi-purpose vehicle (the bronk is such and therefore is a looser, not good @ anything,
OK @ a few things) gets @ what U seek.

Agreed, I was just explaining how I ended up with the FM Delta 50s that are louder than the turbo style and chose the note over quieter, in the end. There was a great Engine Masters episode that broke all this down very well for about 8-10 different brands and style mufflers with db ratings and HP, but not having luck finding it. Albeit they used high rpm/WOT to test, but was still interesting.

Last edited: