• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Radiator question

CO-Bronco69

Loc.
Basalt, CO
I have a 1969 project Bronco (U15) that came with 2 radiators included, uninstalled. What is odd is that neither has a fill cap. Is there a chance that neither is a correct radiator for that year Bronco?

doran4x

Contributor
Early Broncos had the brass reservoir mounted to top front of block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Yes - could've been a '66-'68 configuration with the remote fill tank that doran4x mentions.

Todd Z.

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
here you go

Attachments

• Surge_Tank.jpg
    Surge_Tank.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 8
  • 6405hose.jpg
    6405hose.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 11

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have one that started out life as one of those I think. Was re-cored with the later model staggered 4-row core and had a neck added.
Reason I think it was one of the early tanks was that with the neck mounted you could not install a radiator cap! The upper mounting clamp was too close because the tank was so shallow.

I have seen tanks that had what looked like a circle that was capped off, where a filler neck would otherwise go. Maybe they used that to retrofit the neck and it didn't work. So I had it extended up so it cleared the mount just to do it.
I don't really need the radiator, so will find someone local that can use it.

Paul

jamesroney

Loc.
Fremont, CA
I am in the market for an early V8 radiator with no radiator cap provision.

If anyone has an extra...I could use it.