• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ran down another innocent bronco owner!

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great story, had to take a double look at first, here's mine in the same color I think.

Does your have green houndstooth seat covers? This one had a green interior.

Mine has the yellow- avacado green interior.

Hyghlndr, that is one beautiful rig. Have a question for both of you....what is the correct carpet color on that interior?

I’ve seen different greens, and have the ‘74 brochure showing the interior with a medium green that doesn’t look like it matches with the seats. halfcab, hard to tell - it looks like this owner may have replaced his carpet with black? Hyghlndr, what color carpet is in yours? Hijack over....

OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Hyghlndr, that is one beautiful rig. Have a question for both of you....what is the correct carpet color on that interior?

I’ve seen different greens, and have the ‘74 brochure showing the interior with a medium green that doesn’t look like it matches with the seats. halfcab, hard to tell - it looks like this owner may have replaced his carpet with black? Hyghlndr, what color carpet is in yours? Hijack over....

Yes he has slowly replaced certain interior pieces with black such as the carpet and the door arms. He was unaware that he could get near repros online. He told me he still has all the original pieces. I plan to see him again by this weekend as he has some parts he wants to sell to me🤫!!!!

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
The carpet is a somewhat discolored medium green. It does not match the seats or most anything else. It is unique and took a while to grow on me.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The carpet is a somewhat discolored medium green. It does not match the seats or most anything else. It is unique and took a while to grow on me.

LMAO!!!! That about sums it up perfectly. The PO put tan carpet in mine, and I’d really like to put it back stock - but that shade of green isn’t exactly rushing me into it and the existing is still in good shape....

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
This one followed me to a local bar and I wasnt even driving mine. We chatted for a while

Attachments

• 20180512_203027.jpg
    20180512_203027.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 54

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I gave him a thumbs up before we both made uturns but its a really good bar...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I did the same thing yesterday while on vacation - put the stalk on a Bronco and owner. Real nice fellow that is the second owner of a 72 Explorer Sport, uncut, original exterior and interior. He said it has been used for advertising by Wrangler, and Eddie Bauer.

Nice... :)