• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'Raptor' Build - Updated 5/1/2012 - It's DONE!

OP
OP
RyanITV

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
Here's a few shots that were sent over this weekend.

Cage is in, front window glass is done:
caged.jpg

Some comparison shots with Brice's rig:
versus.jpg

versus2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
RyanITV

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
Proof it moves under it's own power... no seats yet, but it's a step!

[youtube]hjtpjtFpxcA[/youtube]

Hank_

Bronco Guru
That is one of the best looking rigs I have seen. I will be happy for you to get that bad boy back and take it for a cruise.

Henry

OP
OP
RyanITV

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
I built the door panels last night; pulled apart a set of premium ones, added a padded section of blue material to match the seat inserts up top. Not 100% thrilled with the result (I'm f'in rusty at doing upholstery work - last time was an a car I built in 2002), but it'll do for now... probably revamp when it gets home and I do the audio.

doorpanels.jpg

Last edited:

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
Very nice rig!
I can't wait to get back to working on mine as I've been stuck down the beach house off Indian River Bay redoing a bathroom.
Looking at this site and seeing all the nice broncos is killing me!

OP
OP
RyanITV

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
Some more pics from this weekend. It's finally mobile!

Had some serious bump-steer issues - you can see how far the bars were from parallel a few pages back. Ended up losing the drop pitman arm and adding one of Bernie's Kiser Risers to raise the trac bar up. Can't thank him enough - quick to respond to my questions, supplied a great part that was well-made, affordable and he shipped ASAP so it could go in last weekend.

kiser-riser.jpg

steering-fixed-2.jpg

steering-fixed.jpg

Interior is close to done. Need to put the door panels on, install the Tuffy console and do the glove box. The wire/switch hanging down is for the ARB setup; mounting it with some other switches in the housing we'll add below the dash for the stereo when it gets home.

interior-1.jpg

interior-2.jpg

back-seat.jpg

back-seat-legroom.jpg

I think at this point we're counting down the days, rather than months - so psyched to get this home and get out on the sand with it!

OP
OP
RyanITV

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
Hotel rooms are booked, beer is purchased, BBQ is planned... my Bronco is coming home this weekend!! A slight hiccup 2 weeks ago with some lifter noise and oil pushing through PCV valve set it back, but it's set now. Buffed yesterday, detailed today, tailpipes run, alignment finished and AC charged late last week.

DSCF3767.jpg

DSCF3768.jpg

interior-5.jpg

interior-6.jpg

Even better, paid the final bill today... it'll be like getting a raise next month. ;D Psyched to see it in person...

Ryan

aaronbodell

Loc.
Olympia
Please send your Bronco to Ford. It's about time they made another Bronco, and this needs to be the next concept. Sure, they might redesign and better the cd for mpg, and they might use a coyote engine and 6 spd tranny, but the bones of this rig have set an example to follow. Useable, capable, durable and fast. Oh, and topless.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
unbeliveable Ryan!! let me know if you need me to break it in. ;D hopefully my offering will do you proud %)

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Good for you Ryan. I have been watching this build and glad to see you will be able to enjoy it soon. You may need to get a wide angle lens to capture the giant smile on your face when you get to take it out and have some fun. Please post some pics of it when you get it home.

Henry

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Very happy for your Ryan! Hope to see it in person sometime. Can't wait till mine it "done"...