• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rare Bronco options

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
A hand controlled spotlight, rear Aux heater, road emergency kit, the koenig pto winch are some rare options that come to mind.

My 68 has a vin tag located between the dashpad and windshield frame, First bronco I have ever seen with that, anyone else ever seen that?

The remote Driverside mirror, hardtop driprail chrome are a few others that pop to mind.

I'll think of more;D

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Broncobowsher said:
I remember see an ad by ford that showed the Bronco as a tow truck. Anyone ever see anything more than that ad? Anyone want to guess how spooky a bronco would be with a big old caddy hanging off the bumper lift boom an the back? I don't think they sold many of them.

broncnaz said:
I believe a fire truck option was also offered seen a few of them

Not sure that these are originally equipped as such, but here are a couple of pictures I've saved over the years of perusing the web for EB stuff:

Attachments

• Bronco Tow Truck.jpg
    Bronco Tow Truck.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 859
  • Bronco Fire Truck.jpg
    Bronco Fire Truck.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 888

BroncKrawler

Loc.
Harrisburg, Oregon
broncolove said:
My 68 has a vin tag located between the dashpad and windshield frame, First bronco I have ever seen with that, anyone else ever seen that?
My '68 has the vin between the dashpad and the windshield frame as well.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
While it's not a Ford part, I have a brand new never installed sidewinder winch thats going on the new LUBER project. The whinch has never even had the cable wound on it;D

bcrump5252

Loc.
high point
reference the " ranch hand " tire mount is there anywhere you could buy one of thoes at an aftermarket company I think that would look pretty good?

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
How about the Northland package. I think it included extra cooling , larger alternator, bigger battery, and engine block heater. these were a factory option.

Canuck

Loc.
Corunna Ontario
I bought my 74 in Texas , it had the Konig PTO winch which I sold to a guy in Tennessee. it also had A/C which is under my work bench. also the side mount to swing the spare tire to the side

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
broncolove said:
Thats cool, Yours and mine are the only two I know of like that now;D

Anyone else;D

That's the BUCK tag, my 66 has it also. Drew says he has seen a few.

scottmcwms

Loc.
Montgomery, TX
thegreatjustino said:
Not sure that these are originally equipped as such, but here are a couple of pictures I've saved over the years of perusing the web for EB stuff:

Ooooooo... I want that little fire truck. That is cool.

scottmcwms

Loc.
Montgomery, TX
I know a guy that lives close to me that has one with a factory installed 351W. Is that rare or have I just never heard of one. Also has an electric winch and a 3-sp floor shifter. All of these items are on the window sticker so I know they are not aftermarket installations. The guy that owns it now is the original owner and he also claims that it rolled off the lot that way.

Scott

ugly74

Bronco abuser
I have the holes in my drivers door for the remote mirror, but the mirror's long gone. My 74 has the Ranger package, fact. limited slips front and back.
when I bought it it had a Vic Hickey Sidewinder, and a weird "divorced" power brake system up in the front drivers side of the engine compartment. I'll try and dig up some pics of that.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
My 73 Ranger has the remote mirror and fuse box cover although I dont count the cover as a option I think a lot of people just removed them and lost them.
My 71 Sport has the inside tailgate mounted tire and fuse box cover.

I doubt the 351W was factory installed maybe dealer installed but if the VIN tag shows 351W then that would be a rare option if not the rarest.
I've also heard of a 4speed toploader option in a Stroope. Dont know if it is true or not.

The northland package is probalby not all that rare especailly in the cold areas of the country I believe my 73 came with it but has long since been removed dont need a block heater in AZ.
A lot of the odds and ends are or were dealer installed and not widely availible so it can be hard to verify or call it a factory option.
I realize that the specail purpose broncos were probably built by some other company but if most were offered as a option through Ford meaning they authorized it might have specail DSO codes to back that up I'm not sure about that. But that would point to a Factory type option.

The PTO winch seems fairly common but I'm sure there are not a whole lot out there but there always seems to be one or two for sale in the classifieds again some areas of the country seem to have more than other areas.

This is a good thread as we can see some of the different equipment that was added to some of our broncos.

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
I've got a remote mirror on one of my junk doors too!!! I'm rolling in rare junk!!!

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
ugly74 said:
I have the holes in my drivers door for the remote mirror, but the mirror's long gone. My 74 has the Ranger package, fact. limited slips front and back.
when I bought it it had a Vic Hickey Sidewinder, and a weird "divorced" power brake system up in the front drivers side of the engine compartment. I'll try and dig up some pics of that.

A good freind of mine has a 73 with P/S Auto and a weird power brake setup it has a single master cylinder with lines running from M/C to some kind of booster behind the core support on drivers side. This unit was installed when the bronco was new the original owner was handicap. When my freind inherited this bronco he had to take out all of the handicap controls. We assumed that it was a aftermarket install for the handicap controls. This system is still on the bronco and it works great. You are the first person that I have ever heard of even knowing about such a setup. Send some pics if you have them and I will try to get some as well.