• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rare Bronco options

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
clarrance said:
My 69 has the bracket for the spare to be mounted on the pass side. It was called the Ranch Hand or something like that, it allowed you to have full use of your tailgate keeping the spare tire out of your way.

My 68 had that - I didn't even know what it was! The quarter side latch was missing, so I welded it shut and gave the spare carrier away for a 6-pack! ;D

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Here is a pic of the dash chrome and the drip rail chrome (I'll see if I have a better pic) and me at 17 with my superlift coils. My 67 I had (first EB back in college) was a sport model. I miss it. If anyone has seen it send info my way :cry:

Attachments

• outside2.jpg
    outside2.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 701
  • inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 1,043

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
broncolove said:
My 68 has a vin tag located between the dashpad and windshield frame, First bronco I have ever seen with that, anyone else ever seen that?

My '68 and feitctaj's as well. We thought we were the only ones.

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
rare options.

Don't believe anyone mentioned the Rotunda compass and the Cobra tachometer that were dealer installed options for 1966. I would love to see the dealer installed rear step bumper also dealer installed in 66 and 67.

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
rare options

The 66-70 ford bronco body and interior assembly manual shows a factory roll cage and shoulder harnesses for 1968. How rare is that?

BG's 68 Bronco

thesnake said:
on this link to the right of the 66 canadian bronco brochure, there is a 1973 bronco build sheet/order sheet, that was filled out when you ordered a bronco:

http://www.thesnake.classicbroncos.com/photo3.html

hope ya'll find it interesting...

J.D.

I didn't notice 16" rims on the build sheet? According to my Marti report the 16" rims I have, not mounted on truck, were an option. Were the 16" rims only offered for a # of years? Mine's a 68.

BG's 68 Bronco

broncolove said:
Thats cool, Yours and mine are the only two I know of like that now;D

Anyone else;D

I'll check mine when I have a chance. Do you have to take the dash pad off or can you see without doing this?

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
BroncKrawler said:
My '68 has the vin between the dashpad and the windshield frame as well.

Is it stamped or on a little silver metal tag?

PS

Loc.
Sebastopol, CA
I don't think it's all that rare, but maybe...

What about a dash-mounted remote throttle? My Bronco's got one: the knob is on the far left of the dash with a cable that runs down to the accelerator pedal. I always figured that would come in handy for my non-existant PTO. I can also use it as a cruise control when there's little traffic.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, I've had a couple dash-mounted hand throttle Broncos. One was a really rare Baja, ordered from Seattle DSO with another rare Bronco configuration in my opinion: front buckets only on a U150 with a halfcab bulkhead/rear seat delete. Anyway, thought that was interesting to have an AUTO converted Baja with a handthrottle. I guess the guy who ordered it only had 1 leg.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
BG's 68 Bronco said:
I didn't notice 16" rims on the build sheet? According to my Marti report the 16" rims I have, not mounted on truck, were an option. Were the 16" rims only offered for a # of years? Mine's a 68.

Broncoblood's 67 halfcab is Marti'd to have 16" wheels too. I have only seen a handfull of 16" wheel trucks. None newer than a 68, but I don't know if they were offered later.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
BajaBronco said:
Broncoblood's 67 halfcab is Marti'd to have 16" wheels too. I have only seen a handfull of 16" wheel trucks. None newer than a 68, but I don't know if they were offered later.
I'm almost positive they were an option in 73 have to check my brochure

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
BajaBronco said:
Is it stamped or on a little silver metal tag?
I mis read the intial and thought you meant under the hood on the cowl. Sorry. I remember ya'll discussing it now, and think ya'll were the only ones.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
iwlbcnu said:
I mis read the intial and thought you meant under the hood on the cowl. Sorry. I remember ya'll discussing it now, and think ya'll were the only ones.

Okay, well both my 66 roadsters have small metal tags, like a VIN tag, bright metal, between the windshield frame and dash. Loose now.

frigr8

Loc.
Va
Andrew we are forgeting the TILT front clip option lol ....just kidding

gkling01

I think my brochure mentions two horns, the 'town' horn and the 'country' horn options. My 76 only has one but curious if any others know about this?