• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rattler the K bar S Bronco

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great pics, post #114 pic 3, think this is my favorite. Great on gas mileage.
I guess the 351C was just too good of engine so they ceased production.... Typical stuff..
I agree

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I dunno Dennis, I find it very hard to believe you didn't open her up just a little bit. I know when I set out to be good in the Duck it only lasts about as long as my driveway. Its hard when you got a sweet motor under the hood begging to stretch its legs every time you fire it up...

OP
OP
fordfan

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I dunno Dennis, I find it very hard to believe you didn't open her up just a little bit. I know when I set out to be good in the Duck it only lasts about as long as my driveway. Its hard when you got a sweet motor under the hood begging to stretch its legs every time you fire it up...

You are right Tom. It's hard not to crack the throttle open, but we were always in the middle somewhere and I didn't want to rear end somebody!;D

We were in the front for a short time but the road was so crooked the speed limit was 20 mph! I think it was the rim road that went 11 miles along the west edge of the canyon. A sign said "No trucks, No RV's or large vehicles - extreme switchbacks and grades for the next 11 miles"...

OP
OP
fordfan

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Man Dennis thats awesome!!! Seriously thinkin bout building me a cleveland for Uncle Sam(my 77)

I like Uncle Sam! Deano should have an extra Cleveland that he could lend!;D

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You are right Tom. It's hard not to crack the throttle open, but we were always in the middle somewhere and I didn't want to rear end somebody!;D

We were in the front for a short time but the road was so crooked the speed limit was 20 mph! I think it was the rim road that went 11 miles along the west edge of the canyon. A sign said "No trucks, No RV's or large vehicles - extreme switchbacks and grades for the next 11 miles"...

Looks like a great way to spend a day made even better with Broncos. Always wanted to get back to Little River Canyon after stopping there years ago. That hike down and back up from the bottom will give you a workout, lol - as if the scenery isn’t breathtaking enough. Judging from the smiles a good time was had by all.

OP
OP
fordfan

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like a great way to spend a day made even better with Broncos. Always wanted to get back to Little River Canyon after stopping there years ago. That hike down and back up from the bottom will give you a workout, lol - as if the scenery isn’t breathtaking enough. Judging from the smiles a good time was had by all.

Yes. That's a hike!...especially in some places. Come back to the Canyon and coordinate with us and we will have a Bronco Parade!

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Dennis,
Those mpg are amazing, and that trip looks like y'all had fun. Better watch out though....reportong mpg like that and there's gonna be a shortage of Clevelands! :)

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes. That's a hike!...especially in some places. Come back to the Canyon and coordinate with us and we will have a Bronco Parade!

Oooooooh, don’t tempt me with a good time, lol!! Will definitely put that on the future “to do” list and would gladly take you up on that!

OP
OP
fordfan

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Rattler taking off ....

https://youtu.be/bSCm19jmJ08

This is a little short video my daughter made from the back seat this past weekend. I'm trying the save the axles until I have the 31 spline chromoly rear diff ready.
The speedo is 10% or a little more slow because of the 33's instead of the L78's..

OP
OP
fordfan

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's a monster! ;D
It's crazy how much extra passengers can effect the way it pulls. I shifted a little short at 5000rpm because shifting at 6000 or a little more ,with 3 adults aboard, it spins more and puts more shear on the axles. The engine pulls really hard from 4500 rpm up. In the video, it chirps the tires going to third at about 65. ( Anna's description on Youtube is a little off )..

I really like the deep sound of the torquey Cleveland. A stroked one to 400ci or more with a toploader would be even more fun!:cool::cool::cool:

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Shifting a top loader fast has to be one of life's simple pleasures! Nice job integrating the stock EB horn button and the Ford sport wheel.

Todd Z.

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I hope to my Cleveland runs that good! Right now every time I drive it something springs a leak, it's been sitting way to long.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
https://youtu.be/bSCm19jmJ08

This is a little short video my daughter made from the back seat this past weekend. I'm trying the save the axles until I have the 31 spline chromoly rear diff ready.
The speedo is 10% or a little more slow because of the 33's instead of the L78's..

Love it! That would be FUN.

Brings back good memories of a buddies built Cleveland in his Cougar in high school in '77. The 50 series tires could spin through 3rd and part of 4th gear.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Dennis. This had got to be my favorite thread to check up on. Always love seeing rattler. I will have to take a ride with you in April!

OP
OP
fordfan

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Shifting a top loader fast has to be one of life's simple pleasures! Nice job integrating the stock EB horn button and the Ford sport wheel.

Todd Z.

You are right Todd! A top loader is one fast shifting transmission! I think the original horn button blends the wheel with the Bronco well.

OP
OP
fordfan

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I hope to my Cleveland runs that good! Right now every time I drive it something springs a leak, it's been sitting way to long.

Love it! That would be FUN.

Brings back good memories of a buddies built Cleveland in his Cougar in high school in '77. The 50 series tires could spin through 3rd and part of 4th gear.

Yes. That sound and feel is unmistakably a Cleveland!