• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

rear disc brake conversion

weekend warrior

Loc.
Seabeck, WA
I'm upgrading to a 4 wheel disc setup. I have front disc right now and am going to upgrade the rear brakes next. I would love to hear opinions on the best rear disc kit to go with. TBP is crazy expensive, so is there a more reasonably priced kit to go with?

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What year is your Bronco and what bearing size does the rear end have??

Broncobowsher

Total hack
And...
Do you want/need a parking brake?

Disk brakes can be done really easy and cheap, or can cost a fortune. Lot depends on what you want (beyond just wanting disk brakes). Some versions of the Bronco 9" are fairly easy to find brakes for, others not so much. The drum in hat style park brake like the Explorer uses is generally the better way to do a park brake. The older version is the ratcheting screw on the caliper piston (Eldorado stuff) tends to not work as well, but is easier to do as it is just a caliper you put on.

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
If you have Torino style rear end then I would recommend Explorer stuff...

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
If you go with thchevy/caddy calipers get the bc brackets. They put the bleeder screw up top.the others you have to pull the caliper out of the bracket to bleed it properly. Trust me it's a pita.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Also if you go with caddy calipers the core charge is more than the new caliper. Plenty of cores in the boneyard