• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rebuilding a '77 metering/proportioning valve

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Jckkys thanks for all your Research and information On this proportioning valve I am dealing with this right now not easy to get out

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Brought this back to the top... Thanks Jckkys.

Contacted the musclecarresearch.com folks and they gave me a couple of options for my H block rebuild. Once I found the number under the block it confirmed which kit was correct from the ones they suggested. I bought two, one for spare incase of, you know how things can go.. $21 and change to my door. Piston was off center, but the warn light bulb was burned out.
It was a bitch getting the piston out, now I just need to clean the parts and reassemble per their directions.

Attachments

• IMG_20211230_173627592.jpg
    IMG_20211230_173627592.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 14

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Either add your results here when you’re done, or start a new thread to separate the H block from the combination/proportioning valve.
Can’t wait to hear how it works out.

Do you have one of the tools to hold the piston centered while you’re bleeding the brakes?