• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rebuilding Front End Dana 44

labman1177

I am rebuilding the entire front end of my 76 and was wanting to know where the best place to get new hubs, bearings and seals inner and outer everything at a decent price. Maybe someone out there makes a kit with all the parts. Everything I have found is sold pretty much separately.

Thanks in advance
?:? labman.

Merlin76

If you contact Complete Offroad, they'll probably put together a package for you. Just tell them what you are doing and what you want.... They are great to deal with....

edge4

Contributor
Loc.
Gonzales, Texas
You can find all the seals, bearings, and wheel u-joints at any NAPA, Autozone, or O'Reilly's. Most carry Federal Mogul(ICA) or Timken brand.
They even carry the rotors, drums and wheel studs. The only thing I couldn't find locally were spindles or hubs.
Edge

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
I purchased a kit through Duff's, shipped it here, and then got a price quote from NAPA.

Yeah, go to NAPA first!

eds66bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Essex, Vermont
napa hub rotor combo with wheel studs was cheaper than just the replacement rotor :eek: so that's what i did. get your gears/lockers rebuild kit from mike at complete offroad. great guy to deal with.

jbeyer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
new york city
yeah, what they said. the basic stuff is alway way cheaper at napa. save the bronco houses for the fancy stuff. when i priced master cylinders, napa have half the price of jeffs. consider also the instant gratification factor. even specilla order stuff is there the next day.

msuforeman

I went with west coast differentials on my 74 b/c they beat everyones price and also had great service. On my 95 Big Bronco I went with Randys b/c they had the better prices. Both of these co's beat Napa and Autocrap by alot.

Good Luck,
Brian