• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

RED Paint examples suggestions

BBronco71

Loc.
Los Angeles
Hey yall. I am painting my 71 on Tuesday next week. I have a stock Sport w chrome trim and hard top w original hub caps that are beautiful. I plan to keep it stock for now..... I want to paint it red, i mean a red w no orange in it, just red and the hard top an off white, egg shell white to match my parchment interior.

Does anyone have suggestions, or pics as examples of the colors on their trucks? I would love some suggestions.

Thanks guys

excited first time bronco owner

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
rangoon red

Attachments

• stretch phred.jpg
    stretch phred.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 23
  • phred flex.jpg
    phred flex.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
BBronco71

BBronco71

Loc.
Los Angeles
Ford Cardinal Red

Is there any hints of orange in that color?

I love it im currently torn between a darker red and the brighter red. Trying to match to my off white or egg shell while hard top.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
'98 F150 Vermillion red was the paint code I used years ago on a project. Spectacular pure red.

red hot71

Loc.
kent wash.
Vermillion red is what I used or 96 ford pick-up, no orange too me it's a black back ground based red. Orangey red is a chevy truck red.

A nother nice think about using a production based red is you can buy dupi-color touch up paint thats a dead on match. During reassambley it's nice to touch up bo bo's and the built in brush makes it easier to use.

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi,

It's not an un-cut, and I don't know the exact color; but, here are two pics of our '71 in red. (No orange from what I can tell.)

Good luck.

Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_3583 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_3583 [800x600].JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3586 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_3586 [800x600].JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 36

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Hi,

It's not an un-cut, and I don't know the exact color; but, here are two pics of our '71 in red. (No orange from what I can tell.)

Good luck.

Jeff

I like your taste in colors. Here is mine ;)

Mine is another example of Ford Cardnial Red. I see no hints of orange in this color.

Attachments

• DSC_0073.jpg
    DSC_0073.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 51

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Now rangoon red does have hints of orange in it? right?

No it is a deep red with no orange. Here are some more pic in different lighting

Attachments

• complete phred.jpg
    complete phred.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 16
  • fresh out of the booth.jpg
    fresh out of the booth.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 13
  • iphone pics 075.jpg
    iphone pics 075.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 14
  • iphone pics 253.jpg
    iphone pics 253.jpg