• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

remove the window shild frame.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... I removed one before But how did I get it off.
... Do I drill out the spot welds. .. Or not how do I drill them out .. I know to use a spot weld drill bit or a Big Bit .. BUT How do I FIND THEM.. I guess I'm Blind I can't see any of them.
.. If it's made between Monday and Thursday aren't there about 7 an if it's made on Friday then there is about 25 .. Seems like mine had about 25 spot welds..

jamesf7278

Loc.
Salmon Arm B.C
mine had a spot every inch, took a couple hours lol. I took a bit of sandpaper and lightly scuffed the area to help show the circles, then started drillin with a fancy bit, still missed a bunch.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... Ok I cleaned mine with a wire wheel last night .. Man it must have 40 spot welds. Going to be fun.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I think I got a set of red doors traded for today.. I had a rough old 56 chevy truck 3/4 ton .. In my opinion a total rust bucket. I also want my Wind shield frame sand blasted and believe I got that included..
... Where can I get sand blast sand.

jmeyer1971

If you have doors and a hard top I would put them on test fit the frame and mark it before welding

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Papitt I reused a windshield hinge by drilling the center of each spot weld all the way through with a 1/8" bit as a pilot hole. the used the small holes as a pilot hole for a 3/8" bit, but only drilled deep enough to release the spot weld in the hinge and not through the cowl. Cleaned everything up, rust proofed it, then laid it right back in place and used screws to align it. then removed one or two screws at a time and spot welded it back in place. The new spot weld plugs both holes.
I was trying to make clean and flush spot welds to mimic the original welds and it works pretty good if the metals are clean.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
WYFLYER THATS A GOOD ideal . My rant is how many weld it looks like it has. Why can't they just put 10 or 15 not 40.
...some have said that Home DePot has the sand.