• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Removing the hard top

Roadster

Hey Guys and Gals,

I've owned 4 EB's in my 61 yrs. I loved all four of them but always HATED removing the hardtop. And now that I am older, the removal is even more difficult.

So, I was wondering if anyone has come up with a way that simplifies that effort......and maybe even a pic or two reflecting your system.

I think there may be more than just myself who would appreciate your ingenious.

Thanks in advance to all contributors.

Kirk

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Like he said..

simple enuf, rope ratchet on each corner, pull up one side @ a time..

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
I used a set of ski racks that I bolted together. Hooked the racks to the top and using a hand winch from Harbor Freight, I was able to lift the top off by myself and secure it to the ceiling using chains and 2x4's under the top.

Airborne69

Loc.
Moorpark, CA
has anybody cut off those posts at the backside of their top? Dealing with those is one of the more difficult parts for removing my top