• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Replacement rear seats, comments?

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I would like to get a replacement rear seat for my 75 EB. I need it to hold a car seat and a booster seat. (3 and 5 y/o kids) I want it to be comfortable for them and safe when they get out of car seats in a few years. I have looked at the Beard bench and have heard good things about their product. I like Tom's flip/fold seat because it gives me some useable space. Anyone spent some time sitting in these seats and care to comment about them? Any other recommendations? Thanks for your replies.

Doug

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
904Bronco said:
I would like to get a replacement rear seat for my 75 EB. I need it to hold a car seat and a booster seat. (3 and 5 y/o kids) I want it to be comfortable for them and safe when they get out of car seats in a few years. I have looked at the Beard bench and have heard good things about their product. I like Tom's flip/fold seat because it gives me some useable space. Anyone spent some time sitting in these seats and care to comment about them? Any other recommendations? Thanks for your replies.

Doug
I like the PRP seats. Not much different in design (from what I see) but price and customer service are better.
www.prpseats.com
Give 'em a call and see what they can do for you.

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
I'm in the market for seats as well. I have a 6 month old and I want to make sure I have a comfortable reliable seat back there. I did at one point want a fold and tumble, but it doesn't look like the best thing for a really young kid. I was thinking myself about some mastercraft like WH sells. BUt I sat in some at OCBR and I wasn't that impressed. So I'm open to new ideas. Maybe that prp bench seat would do. Other suggestions?

Frankenhorse

Loc.
Smyrna,TN
Well I am not in the market yet but I am looking. I have a 4 and 6 year old but they will be 5 and 7 when this thing is on the road again. I like the beard seats. The PRP's are nice and if I were to just get a rear bench I would look hard at those. I do want front and rear so the beards ultra high back and matching back is what I will get. Oh yeah being 6'5" 250lbs does have a little to do with it.

Toms fold and tumble I would be concerned on how well it latches down.

burntfish

Loc.
ouray, co
i've got a fold and tumble in my 66 and my kids(8+5) like it. it leaves just the right amount of room on the sides for belts. the mounts are pretty strong, plus if they should break the belts would hold the seat down 2. but thats just my 2 cents.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
A back seat out of a TJ will fit the bill nicely.

I only have one kiddo (*Twerpy) and I'm planning on a PRP 'preteen' seat for her. She's too young for it now, but I'm not gonna get a seat that she'll outgrow in a couple of years, she can sit with a towel around her for now. I'm planning on mounting it to airplane seat track, and making the back half of my rig essentially modular (I may even make it so that it can interchange with the passenger seat, we'll see).

mtfit

Bronco Guru
Loc.
pa
as mentioned I also have a flip and fold (bestop) and it works great, with or w/o a kid seat.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Just grab a TJ rear seat weld extentions on the side mount pins and it fits fine.

the COlt Vista rear seat is also very nice, and the belts dissapear when you remove the seat so you have a flat floor, no belts & bolts sticking up to snag your cargo.

Hazegray

I also did the Colt Fiesta seat installation. One nice thing is if the rear latching fold'n tumble mechinism fails, the seatbelts are tied into the seat, then tied into the floor mounted seatbelt latch. However, the red seats kinda clash with my gray interior ;D . Got a Weber grill cover on 'em when folded down...BBQ anyone? ;)

yak67

Bronco Guru
what about separate seats, have you seen the youth seats from PRP? I just ordered a set of Roadster seats for the front. Currently have Tom's rear seat, not the fold and tumble, just the tumble, it works well with a car seat.

House

Minutia Militia
I am planning on putting a 39" Beard bench in the back of mine and was pondering on putting some quick release pins on the back too.
Does it rattle around back there when your kids aren't in it Scott?

Broncoholics

Loc.
Windsor, CO
House said:
I am planning on putting a 39" Beard bench in the back of mine and was pondering on putting some quick release pins on the back too.
Does it rattle around back there when your kids aren't in it Scott?

Not at all. Those pins hold it snug as hell. In fact, I usually have to tap out the pin with a hammer or wrench. Plus, the seat is just heavy enough keep it from doing it anyway.

I am building a new cage in the next couple weeks though, so I'll building new seat brackets with it.

OP
OP
904Bronco

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
broncow72 said:
I like the PRP seats. Not much different in design (from what I see) but price and customer service are better.
www.prpseats.com
Give 'em a call and see what they can do for you.

I just got back from running my 88 Mustang at Thunder Hill. (Willows, CA) I had to hunt for this thread, but I found it! Thanks ;D for all the replies and suggestions. Looks like I will be doing some research...

Doug

Last edited:

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I have a Bestop TJ Fold n Tumble in mine that my 3 kids sit in. They are approaching adult height now though so I'm going to put a larger seat in as soon as I sell the Bestop seat. (I've already widened the area from 40" to 48" for another seat) As was mentioned above the Bestop TJ seat just needs the pins lengthened in the back to make it fit as though it was made for it.

Attachments

• SaddleUp63.jpg
    SaddleUp63.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 48