• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Replacing door hinge pins

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
I'm going to replace my door hinge pins with the over sized ones from JBG. I was wondering if the old ones need to be drilled out or can you just hammer them out.

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
You can just use a hammer & punch to drive them out. That's how I did mine & it worked pretty good. Good luck.

4x4Alaska

Loc.
Wasilla, Alaska
I couldn't get mine out, so I took them to a body shop. They heated them up with a torch and drove the pins out. Just be careful when heating them up...they're too expensive to replace!

yak67

Bronco Guru
I had a rough time with mine too....I don't know if you guys ever heard of it or have used it, but I soaked them over night in Fluid Film, and the next night they popped right out with a hammer and punch, but until then I was getting a little frustrated....even tried heating them and they didn't come out.

MountainGuy

Loc.
Athens, Georgia
If they wont hammer out then cut them flush with the hole and then hammer out. I replaced mine and this worked great for me. HOwever, i did the mod. discussed in the tech article too. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Bronco Sport

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
Hopefully mine won't be to back. My Grandfather put a couple of washers below each hinge, I guess to try to take up some of the sag. Not sure if I will need to put them back in or just shim up the plates on the door post.

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
I was in Tacoma off of 64th and S Tacoma Way. He had diiferent thicknesses so you could switch them out. If u want some I can send the to u.