• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rock monster wheels

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
I think the back spacing is way off but you could buy spacers to correct that.

StnePny

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Santa Monica, Ca.
The only way those would work are with a 1" space. (I'm not too happy with this idea as it changes the load center of the wheel bearing)

I've been trying to work with them on those wheels for the bronco for 1 1/2 years & it's not going to happen.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
The only way those would work are with a 1" space. (I'm not too happy with this idea as it changes the load center of the wheel bearing)

I disagree. Yes, if you compare the same wheel with or without a spacer, but not if you compare this wheel with spacer to a wheel with the proper back spacing. The proper sized spacer should correct the load center back to the stock location.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I disagree. Yes, if you compare the same wheel with or without a spacer, but not if you compare this wheel with spacer to a wheel with the proper back spacing. The proper sized spacer should correct the load center back to the stock location.

Scoop is entirely correct..the only thing that affects the bending load on the bearing is the actual location of the tire center plane relative to the wheel bearings. Whether you move that center plane with spacers or with the location of the wheel center (the backspacing) matters not a wit; the effect on the bearing loads is the same either way.;)

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I saw this website when you sent it to me yesterday. Dont get me wrong, the wheels are sweet.... very sweet! But I think a 8.5" wide wheel would hit the fender. I think the largest BS is 4 1/8th inches. I'm looking to go no further than 4". If they had a 16x7 I'd be all over them! heck, if they had a 15x7 I'd be all over them. These look sorta like the ones WH sells. I sent Stockton an e-mail a week ago, but never heard back from them. Two minutes of my life I will never get back!

Have you seen these? Buy three get one free!! http://www.racelinewheels.com/p-811-rt81-rock-8-steel.aspx

Last edited:
OP
OP
apachetech

apachetech

Loc.
Mountain Home, Idaho
Those are nice Crawdad! I am not well versed about the backspacing and load bearing issues; I am glad there are those of you that know stuff like that to help uncomplicate matters like this! :)

Last edited:

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I saw this website when you sent it to me yesterday. Dont get me wrong, the wheels are sweet.... very sweet! But I think a 8.5" wide wheel would hit the fender. I think the largest BS is 4 1/8th inches. I'm looking to go no further than 4". If they had a 16x7 I'd be all over them! heck, if they had a 15x7 I'd be all over them. These look sorta like the ones WH sells. I sent Stockton an e-mail a week ago, but never heard back from them. Two minutes of my life I will never get back!

Have you seen these? Buy three get one free!! http://www.racelinewheels.com/p-811-rt81-rock-8-steel.aspx

Crawdad - I don't think Stockton is in business anymore. Either way, you might want to read this.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167468

rdukw

I purchased 6 of the Raceline monster 17x9 bead lock wheels a few weeks ago. I thought their service was great and the product was even better. I had my wheels custom drilled and they only took two weeks to deliver. I would use them again no question.

Ryan

Crawdad

Bronco Guru

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
we put some wheels on mark's bronco, same back spacing but were 17x9's. they didn't rub ANYWHERE (granted, his isn't uncut), but the offset wasn't very far out so i think they'd just clear your LUBR fenders. they also didn't rub his arms at full lock with 33" tires (285/70r17).

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
check the center hole diameter. Heep wheels have a smaller center hole. Ask NGAbronco how I know!