• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rocky Roads Bronco in Chatsworth, Los Angeles - Thuoghts?

LW97

Loc.
Newport Beach, CA
Looking to buy a bronco from Rocky Roads. They are located in Chatsworth, CA. Anyone has bought with them? Thoughts and advice on them?

Last edited:

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A fool and their money Not saying you of course never felt with them personality but have heard pretty negative things for what the last 10/12 years
Just build one

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Didn’t feel that never had to deal with them

mtp71174

This is gonna be a little off topic I have troubled that any member that post something should have his location under his handle stating city and state you want to know about buying a bronco from somebody without knowing where you’re at we’re not really able to give you knowing this information it really does help more so I would help you on other things like buying parts asking questions they may not sound like it but it would know are you within 100 miles 500 miles I thousand miles of this place or you right down the road from me I’ve had Bronco for sale that I would guarantee you were cheaper in cost but not practical for you to buy from me well I got off topic but it’s still a pet peeve I have people asking for help and you can’t give it to him because you don’t know where the hell there are

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
This is gonna be a little off topic I have troubled that any member that post something should have his location under his handle stating city and state you want to know about buying a bronco from somebody without knowing where you’re at we’re not really able to give you knowing this information it really does help more so I would help you on other things like buying parts asking questions they may not sound like it but it would know are you within 100 miles 500 miles I thousand miles of this place or you right down the road from me I’ve had Bronco for sale that I would guarantee you were cheaper in cost but not practical for you to buy from me well I got off topic but it’s still a pet peeve I have people asking for help and you can’t give it to him because you don’t know where the hell there are

Yeah, X2 on this. I had to search to find out that Rocky Roads Broncos was in Los Angeles, (Chatsworth) and since the OP said he had just been there, and was going again...I assumed that he is also from LA. So you being from FL, and me being from NorCal makes it harder to help. It would be nice if the location feature of the bio was complete.

That being said, the OP said that the seller did not know whether the 73 Bronco's has its Dana 44 or not. That's pretty basic...

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Rocky Roads, the originator of the overpriced marginal quality Bronco build. I hope there work has gotten better, because if it was worse we would be talking about socks and sandels.

I honestly thought they folded several years ago.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
Aren't they the only outfit that has the skills to turn a balloon chaser into an ordinary Bronco?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
If you don't know the balloon chase Broncos, they are a rather rare and sought after version used in a balloon chase advertising campaign. A few were made for the event and a few extras. They are rarer than clean low mileage survivors. Mechanically nothing special, just trim and history.

Think of an Indy pace car edition other makers sell, but in a color they only made 10 versions of and everything is well documented.

OP
OP
L

LW97

Loc.
Newport Beach, CA
Yeah, X2 on this. I had to search to find out that Rocky Roads Broncos was in Los Angeles, (Chatsworth) and since the OP said he had just been there, and was going again...I assumed that he is also from LA. So you being from FL, and me being from NorCal makes it harder to help. It would be nice if the location feature of the bio was complete.

That being said, the OP said that the seller did not know whether the 73 Bronco's has its Dana 44 or not. That's pretty basic...
Gotcha, new to the forum, I will update the profile info.
Yea I am located in Socal, but if you have any recommendations in Nor Cal that'd be great. I can make my way up there to it out. Thanks!

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Be careful shopping here in so cal. I see plenty down near the beach with nice paint, rims and tires for big money. Look underneath and find the good parts swapped off the later years. Old 80s rancho suspension stuff, lift blocks under stock springs or parts just missing.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Gotcha, new to the forum, I will update the profile info.
Yea I am located in Socal, but if you have any recommendations in Nor Cal that'd be great. I can make my way up there to it out. Thanks!

Good on you for asking before buying from RR, anybody that's been around the EB for while knows to stay away.

Also thanks for updating your location. Good luck on your search!