• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

roll cage pics

itsabronco

Loc.
Banning, CA.
Here is my cage that West Coast Broncos built. ( good guys, by the way...) I had a request for some pics. Couldnt figure out how to PM the pics, so here they are. Let see some others.

A few things that I would have done different:

I would of had LED lights installed on the tube in the middle

I would of had a tube installed across the back of the front seats with grab handles for rear seat passengers

Another tube across the bottom , back of front seats, for rear seat passengers to put there feet on. its not very fun thrashin around in rear seat with not much to grab onto !

And maybe tubes paralleling the sides of the front seats, going downward from back to front. Something else to grab onto .

West Coast Broncos does an awesome job. i just didnt think of the few extras that would be nice. I will be adding them though. just wish it was before I powder coated it !

Couldnt get too good of pics because its dumping rain outside !

One thing that I forgot to mention that is very cool is, they added two brackets to the top front tube for the windshield to attach to so it will not move around soooooo much. i was concerned for it being too solid and maybe breaking the glass for not being able to move at all, but man, it is nice. no problems what so ever...

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 299
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 293
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 321
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 314
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 289
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 286
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 265
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 321

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Is it 1 3/4" pipe?

Whats the tab in pic 3 for?

I like the side grabs for passengers. How about a shot of the windshield tie ins?

Is that raptor-x liner?

Any thought to shoulder belts for the front seats?

Gerbow

Loc.
Jacksonville
Thanks for posting. The extra grab bars is what I was wanting to do to mine as well. I had same idea, just a little dif design maybe. My cage is pretty much like yours, give or take a bar here or there, depending where. Nice. Thanks again. I guess I need to get off my rear and do whatever so I can post some pics.

OP
OP
I

itsabronco

Loc.
Banning, CA.
The tab in the third pic is a mount for a flag. here in So Cal, a flag is required in some places. Plus its cool to roll around sporting stars n stripes on such days as 9/11

Not sure on tube diameter at the moment. it is a bit smaller than the half cage i took out, but it has good wall thickness. it is one heavy MO FO !! i will try to remember to get my O.D. tape and measure. not too good at just a visual.

hard to get good pics of the windshield brackets. like i said, i was concerned of it being too stiff but ive had it in all kinds of twists and 2 wheels in the air conditions and glass is not broken.

The liner installed is Line-x maybe a So Cal thing ??

By the way, I love the wink mirror !!

Yes, shoulder belts after the tube behind the front seats.

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 184
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 173
OP
OP
I

itsabronco

Loc.
Banning, CA.
Thanks for posting. The extra grab bars is what I was wanting to do to mine as well. I had same idea, just a little dif design maybe. My cage is pretty much like yours, give or take a bar here or there, depending where. Nice. Thanks again. I guess I need to get off my rear and do whatever so I can post some pics.

become a contributor ! post some pics, lets see what you got 1!;)

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Ahh a flag mount. Great idea!

I was just wondering on the tube diameter because it seems everyone goes with 2" out of tradition. I feel that 1 1/2" to 1 3/4" would be just fine. Yours looked less than 2" but thats just a pic.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
You can still run an LED light. It might take a bit of patience if you want to hard wire it.

I'd just get a battery powered one and bolt it on there. The battery will last for years and you dont have to worry about runnign wires.

Cobra11

Contributor
Loc.
West Hollywood, CA
Ahh a flag mount. Great idea!

I was just wondering on the tube diameter because it seems everyone goes with 2" out of tradition. I feel that 1 1/2" to 1 3/4" would be just fine. Yours looked less than 2" but thats just a pic.

tube diameter is 1 5/8 i believe.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
WCB cages are typically 1-3/4" .120 wall HREW. Pretty sure that's what itsabronco's cage is made of.

OP
OP
I

itsabronco

Loc.
Banning, CA.
I saw som battery LEDS on W/H. Might get those. I dont know the tube dia. but I will call John at WCB and ask.. The cost is right around $1500 no powder coat. I had mine powder coated at First Place Powder coat in Banning. Its a very solid cage. I hope I never have to find out "HOW" solid it is... :eek:

Gerbow

Loc.
Jacksonville
Pics ? anyone ??

I just got my contributor status to load pictures but I cant seem to load any pics with an ipad. Or maybe I am doing something wrong. I'll try from computer later....btw, just installed my hard doors for 1st time since purchase. The windshield was pushed out about 3/4 of an inch for I didnt know why at the time...til I turned my wipers on.

OP
OP
I

itsabronco

Loc.
Banning, CA.
Im getting another cage from West Coast Broncos for my other '72. The pricing is around 14 to 15 hundred, painted. Powder coat is extra.