• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Roll Cage Options? Lets see some pics

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I have seen one cage here on Classic with A pillar pass thru and a glove box in factory location. I'm still not positive how he pulled it off, but it has been done.

That may have been mine. I used one of the ABS plastic replacement glove box from the vendors, and simply trimmed it to fit where the cage tube passes through the side of it.

Yours looks good so far. Looks about like mine where it passes through on the passenger side.

mattt

Bronco Guru
That may have been mine. I used one of the ABS plastic replacement glove box from the vendors, and simply trimmed it to fit where the cage tube passes through the side of it.

Yours looks good so far. Looks about like mine where it passes through on the passenger side.

Thanks Dusty. It was yours, xcntrk, and firehawk's that I was referencing in keeping the glove box in factory location. I did not want to cut into the glovebox corner on the dash face. What is going on behind the glovebox door was less of a concern to me. With how tight all the fitting had to be made to accomplish this, I'm hoping for no squeaks and rattles to chase down.

One other thing I found during the dash in and out process was that the dash is shifted to the passenger side about 3/8"-1/2"...or it is on my 69, possibly due to 1969 build QC standards? With the dash in place, there is a larger gap on the drivers side between the top of the inner kick panel and the dash than on the passenger side.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Matt, are you going to trim your dash pad or go without?

mattt

Bronco Guru
Matt, are you going to trim your dash pad or go without?

Still to be determined. I'd like to run a lower profile dash pad, similar to 66-67, but I'll have to see if I can find somewhere to do a custom recover after modifying a factory dash pad to work with the cage.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What you're doing looks good. Hope you don't mind if I copy?

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Okay, cool. I'm still a ways off, just finished blasting the underside and interior of the tub so I have a lot to do yet before the cage. Nice to know where I'm headed for this part though.

shutch4251

Loc.
Monroe
Does anyone know how to get ahold of D. Virga up on Sacramento? I am look for a new cage for my rig.