• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Roof rack

BroncoMatt13

Loc.
Belmont
im looking for a roof rack for my 72 and i cand find anything specific for the Eb :( ..... anyone have any suggestions/ideas or pics to share?
thanks matt

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No pics, but Surco (www.surcoinc.com) and Westin (www.westinautomotive.com) both have some very nice racks that would look good on a Bronco. Surco has both the basic traditional type of basket setup, but also has their Safari type rack that's a little more stylish.
I don't think either would be considered "cheap", but I'm pretty sure the Surco at least is still a reasonable price.

Paul

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Roof racks for the Bronco were the ones off the big ford wagon of the same time period. I ought to know I have a top with the roof rack on it and it is the wagon rack. doesnt hold much weight though.
TOFIC

luke1970

Loc.
Fayetteville AR
Second on the Thule and Yakima racks with the rain gutter holders, I have that on mine. Works great and have had them on a lot of rigs, a bit pricey but check Craigslist, I have an extra Thule but you would have to buy longer cross bars and the foot kit for it. Basically a new setup. I bought off Craigslist and it turned out to be too short and had to order a new setup. It was around 200 I think.

I've used Thule racks for years (Some parts are going on 15 years in use now.)

Go to their USA website and search under Ford/1977/Bronco

http://www.thuleracks.com/fg_vehicle.asp

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
I wanted to go with a vintage look and to hold a canoe or fishing kayake. I can't remember the brand right off hand but I'll check when I get home. I think they look great.

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
Found it on ebay. QUICK-N-EASY brand. This one looks like crap but they clean up nice.

3635_1.JPG

jakesdog

Loc.
Bakersfield, Ca.
I knew a guy who had a "luggage rack" from an old station wagon, and it looked pretty good. You would be able to mount snowboard racks, bike racks, and other carriers to it. I think its a cool retro look.

OP
OP
BroncoMatt13

BroncoMatt13

Loc.
Belmont
thanks all... i just looked at my finance department;D ;D and things arent looking good for a rack right now... sadly.... after i fix all the other stuff thats cheaper... thanks for your time
matt