• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

route 66 the plan

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
That sound like a fantastic plan. Can't wait to see more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
if you are taking it all the way my house and shop are 3 miles off the route close to the Blue Whale and my office has frontage on it in Tulsa.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
How many remember the '50s Rt. 66 show with two guys in a Vette traveling between Chicago and LA, and their adventures along the way? I tried to stay on Rt 66 in '68 when some of my high school buddies and I did the see America road trip. Even then big sections of Rt. 66, had new roads built over them. A couple of years ago one of those buddies and did the part in Az. We even saw the flat bed Ford in Winslow.

OP
OP
Major Tom

Major Tom

Contributor
day one we left Sioux falls SD and traveled to clear lake Iowa on HWY 18 a 2 lane road, about 235 miles. no problems with the 66 ran at 175 deg. constant 35 lbs oil pressure, and about 19 mpg. it was pretty windy today and it got brutal at times when a semi would pass from the other direction. put her to bed for the night and will head down south to Missouri in the morning. We are not doing the whole route but most of it. Missouri to California is the plan for now. don't need to be home until early Aug. will update as we go. picture 1 is in my driveway this morning and pic 2 is putting it to bed for the night

Attachments

• 66.jpg
    66.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 204
  • 66 2.jpg
    66 2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 185

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Very cool! I've driven large portions of it in MO, OK, TX and NM. Lots of neat sights to see along the way. Motivates me for an extended road trip. I have been wanting to run the Trans Ameica Trail from here to Utah for a long while.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Cool! And even better that you're doing it in a '66 roadster!

Todd Z.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Nice, let me know when you're planning on making it to OK. I'll try to meet you for lunch/supper somewhere in a 66' :) I'm about an hour and a half nw of Edmond, OK and Route 66.

elan

Loc.
s
It's been hotter than a stolen pistol..........you're more a man than me.

Route 66 (the show).........I worked on Marty Milners house a couple of times in Del Mar. I still go by and wave from time to time when I'm slumin' it..........

norm02

Very jealous and I can't wait to get my '66 on the road. How's the 170ci doing with the 70mph flow of traffic?

OP
OP
Major Tom

Major Tom

Contributor
Left clear lake Iowa this morning and made it to Kirksville MO. About 340 miles today. As for the 70mph speed limit I do 55-60 if they don't like it they can pass me. The guy at the campground even gave me a portable garage to use for the night. He said it was too nice to park outside. I will post some pics tomorrow, barely have cell service now

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
My family has property on the old route 66 in Budville, NM. Interstate bypasses old Budville now.