• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

route 66 the plan

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
VERY NEAT trip...so envious! thanks for the updates and more pics!!

OP
OP
Major Tom

Major Tom

Contributor
left Kirksville wed morning headed to Rolla MO and hooked up with route 66. Drove the 66 bypass for a while and called it quits at Lebanon MO. spent the night in a cabin in a campground outside of down. Truck is running fine. A 66 roadster is not what you want if you are in a hurry. We spend 20 minutes or more talking to people about Broncos every time we stop for gas or food. Everyone has a brother, uncle, or friend who had one. I then have to explain why I don't have any doors. Going to start down the route 66 by pass this morning and see where we end up. we try to start early in the morning because it gets so hot quickly. 95 wed , and the same today. having trouble with pics and wi fi is weak

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
This would be a great adventure for anyone! I did see in one of the specific Bronco facebook pages that someone ran across you possibly yesterday. They had pictures and everything.

norm02

Left clear lake Iowa this morning and made it to Kirksville MO. About 340 miles today. As for the 70mph speed limit I do 55-60 if they don't like it they can pass me. The guy at the campground even gave me a portable garage to use for the night. He said it was too nice to park outside. I will post some pics tomorrow, barely have cell service now

That's awesome and I hope you have safe trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How many remember the '50s Rt. 66 show with two guys in a Vette traveling between Chicago and LA, and their adventures along the way?...

Still one of my all-time favorite show theme songs from that era. Which is where most of my favorites are anyway!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw1tiNGQ4wI

Always thought it was kind of strange/cool that they kept getting newer and newer model 'Vette's as they traveled along.

Paul

OP
OP
Major Tom

Major Tom

Contributor
as promised. one is just for you Tim

Attachments

• 66-3.png
    66-3.png
    209.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 66-10.jpg
    66-10.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 66-9.jpg
    66-9.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 66-8.png
    66-8.png
    241.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 66-7.png
    66-7.png
    248.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 66-6.jpg
    66-6.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 66-5.jpg
    66-5.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 111
  • 66-4.jpg
    66-4.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 118
OP
OP
Major Tom

Major Tom

Contributor
left Lebanon MO this morning and headed out for the day stopped in a small museum about the history of the building of rt.66. headed out of Mo and into the short 14 miles of KA .arrived in OK this afternoon and had lunch at the Klanton café an oldie from the early 66 days. stopped for the day in Vinita OK, the heat was too much 97 deg. with a heat index of 112. towards the end of the day my oil pressure was dropping some, down to about 25. I stopped to check the oil level an just about burned my hand when I grabbed the dip stick ( it is right next to the exhaust manifold ) it was only a 1/2 quart low if that. I think the oil was just too hot. after it sat for a while it did go up. the picture of the t-shirt is a present from my daughter and grand kids for fathers day. I have only seen one classic bronco on the trip so far and that was in Joplin MO, the guy waved. Today we have officially logged 1000 miles.

more to come

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    277.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 66-15.png
    66-15.png
    238.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 6y6-14.jpg
    6y6-14.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 66-13.png
    66-13.png
    251.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 66-12.png
    66-12.png
    231.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 66-11.jpg
    66-11.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 83
OP
OP
Major Tom

Major Tom

Contributor
This would be a great adventure for anyone! I did see in one of the specific Bronco facebook pages that someone ran across you possibly yesterday. They had pictures and everything.

do you know what face book page it was

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Been pretty humid even on my side of the state, NE OK is humid for sure. Give me a shout if you stop in western or central OK tomorrow. Be sure to see the round barn and stop at Pop's when coming through the Edmond area.

OP
OP
Major Tom

Major Tom

Contributor
Been pretty humid even on my side of the state, NE OK is humid for sure. Give me a shout if you stop in western or central OK tomorrow. Be sure to see the round barn and stop at Pop's when coming through the Edmond area.

where in OK are you located

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Nw of Enid, Ok. About an hour and a half from Okc or Weatherford. Supposed to be a little cooler and more clouds today.

Lawndart

Loc.
Hope you didn't miss the rainbow bridge just outside of Riverton.
That is about all we have to offer in the way of Route 66 here in Kansastan.

elan

Loc.
s
Lawn Dart..........that was funny.....Rainbow bridge and Kanastan