• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

RRRAAAYYY2's - I wire Alternator install, all done, and awesome mod

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
It is my model number CS130ACSE. It didnt come stock on anything, but it is like one found on a 86' to 87 Chev truck. They have been converted over to one wire use, i.e. you only attach them to a battery.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Yep that the horn relay. Funny story-when I got my bronco the horn would ocassionaly blow for no reason maybe 2 or 3 times a week, usually when I was turning left. It made for interesting driving in town. I checked horn contacts, the wiring harness in the column for worn insulation, replaced steering wheel/horn switch, replaced the relay. Nothing fixed it. I lived with it for 2 years until I was changing out the turn signal switch and found the one stand of copper that was hanging out of the horn wire.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I THOUGHT when I read the no. and the brand of the belt ..that you might be better off with a better brand belt ....GATES .. that brand you had may not match the angle in the grove of the pully perfect ...

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
I THOUGHT when I read the no. and the brand of the belt ..that you might be better off with a better brand belt ....GATES .. that brand you had may not match the angle in the grove of the pully perfect ...
well yes I am sure a gates would be better, and thats what I run on my Lightning. Allmost 9 months later, and the Duralast belt is holding up gut fine, and I have a spare, so if it goes, at least I won't be stranded.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Well I'm not trying to be an ass here but what I'm saying is ..gates belts were 38% ...well degrees and that angle matched the pully perfect but the other belt like durolast was about 41* which only touched at the top or bottom of the pully not the entire pully ....One belt might allow the belt too touch too low in the pully and not get enough tourque too the sides ...

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
I got my alt from Ray, works great.
Harness (3-wire) was easy to hookup.
Puts out a boatload of power even at idle (since I drive in some moderate traffic).

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Well I'm not trying to be an ass here but what I'm saying is ..gates belts were 38% ...well degrees and that angle matched the pully perfect but the other belt like durolast was about 41* which only touched at the top or bottom of the pully not the entire pully ....One belt might allow the belt too touch too low in the pully and not get enough tourque too the sides ...

Don't worry about sounding like a ASS, I am allways willing to listen to any advice. I had to find a belt that day, and the duralast were all that I could find back then. I never thought about the angle of the V of the belt.

I will go look at the Gates belts and see what the difference in the angles are.

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
Don,
I have some urgent advice for you. There is a race in Miramichi, New Brunswick that is screaming for you to bring your Lightning too. Cant you hear it, it is saying "Don, Don, we have roasted pig & lobster, and beer, and the fastest cars in the world, but no Lightning. Help us" LOL Just pulling your leg, but seriously it would be cool to see you up here. :)
www.cfscshootout.com

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Don,
I have some urgent advice for you. There is a race in Miramichi, New Brunswick that is screaming for you to bring your Lightning too. Cant you hear it, it is saying "Don, Don, we have roasted pig & lobster, and beer, and the fastest cars in the world, but no Lightning. Help us" LOL Just pulling your leg, but seriously it would be cool to see you up here. :)
www.cfscshootout.com

Hey Ray
I am looking at the rules for the event. Looks like the HARLAND SHARP 11.90 Cool Street Index class would be the best for me. While I can run 10.90 thats pushing it a little bit, especially in compitition. It looks like it is 540 miles away, just a nice sunday drive, hehe.

It is too bad there isn't a 11.30 or a 11.50 class, and I will have to do some testing to see what pulley combo I have to run to slow it down to a 11.90

The street classes sound like fun too, but I would have to buy a 2nd set of wheels and Drag radials, and I would have to check to see if the two classes conflict with each other times wise.

Also I didn't see any bracket classes, and while I haven't done much index racing, I am sure I could figure it out.

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
Don,
You want to be in the Real Street Outlaw/World Street Cruise. It is a gathering of the fastest street cars in the World. There should be a legitimte 6 second street car pass that weekend. The cruise will be a once in a lifetime type deal. And there are awards for fastest 12, 11, 10, 9, 8 second passes in the Real Street Outlaw portion of the Event. Might be worth the price of radials, LOL.

Our run schedule is Pro, Super Pro (Bracket Classes), then Stock/Super Stock, then the Index Classes. You would lose a qualifier or have to hot lap if you go in the Real Street Outlaw cruise. But as I said, it is more than well worth it. We are encouraging everyone that can, to do the cruise. Second class is only $50 extra too. So you can do Pro/Super Pro and Index, or Index/Pro/Super Pro and the Real Street Outlaw/World Street Event. We even have a guy wanting to register in Promod and Real street.

I have an idea.