• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Running Engine on Chassis

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How far past the "contemplating" stage did you get?;D

Paul

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
How far past the "contemplating" stage did you get?;D

Paul

Still the early stages of my 'Model B' concept, my wife thinks I'm really onto something!

....or did she say ON something? %)

Attachments

• modelB.jpg
    modelB.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 17
  • ModelT.jpg
    ModelT.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Got everything wired up, cooling system filled, removed the fuel tank from the equation and just ran a line to a gas can...the good news is the fuel pump still works after 2 years sitting idle, the bad news is the triple-carb fuel lines were hemorrhaging fuel before I could even start it.

What was really interesting was that when I was going to prime the oil pump for fire-up I discovered the plug wires on the distributor cap were configured for a counter-clockwise rotation, but everything I've read says the 170 distributor rotates clockwise, so how the hell did this engine ever run? I was dumbfounded. I almost wanted to leave it as-is until I got it running, but again it surely wouldn't run right?? I don't wanna crank this engine any more than necessary before it runs. This is just weird.

Plan this weekend is to run fuel line to middle carb only and get it running. We're supposed to get 4-7" snow tomorrow so I guess I'll be running the engine in the garage, not ideal but hey...the addiction is REAL!!

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, you are correct on the clockwise rotor rotation.
Just Google a Ford 200 firing order.
It looks like you found the perfect love seat for you and your Bronco.
Good luck