• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sacramento bronco club

Howdy

Loc.
Folsom, Ca
BLU74 said:
Not me. Mine has been in the garage for a long time. Howdy- is your's yellow?

No...Its a light blue with the Gorilla Warflares. Its actually going to be down in the garage for a while now while I scrounge up an efi motor since mines on its way out.

I see another blue one with white fender flares driving around town with a hard top with tined windows. I also see him coming eastbound on Hwy 50 every afternoon around 2:45. Looks like today he was broken down on the side of the freeway right in front of Cattlemans.

Howdy

Loc.
Folsom, Ca
LOL...too funny KNZRHOG....Looks like you are losing a piston though. Think you might need a ride back down to stockton or do you have AAA plus?

ROKDWLR

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stockton, Ca.
Howdy said:
LOL...too funny KNZRHOG....Looks like you are losing a piston though. Think you might need a ride back down to stockton or do you have AAA plus?

No problem Howdy. I have 7 more! :p It's the old C4 that has me worried. You guys could tow me over to Cordova Truck and we could have our first club event. A quick AODE swap. ;D

OP
OP
V

vexris

Damn i mention a club and i dont even have my first bronco yet, well im still saving money for it got about 1k saved right now for the EB well that should be 1k by the end of july.

Heheh started working 2 jobs just for i can start to support my new hobby.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
vexris said:
Damn i mention a club and i dont even have my first bronco yet, well im still saving money for it got about 1k saved right now for the EB well that should be 1k by the end of july.

Heheh started working 2 jobs just for i can start to support my new hobby.

Vexris
Yeah look at what you started;D I'm sure hangin out with a bunch of bronco owner will get you working some OT as well.

Keep us all posted on the final results of this club thing. I'm willing to make the drive up north.

mrcat88

Bronco Guru
Loc.
VacaVILE, CA
I'm down, but I don't get really reliable when it comes to meetings....that's why I like the email lists ;D

I'm about an hour from Sac too, so I wouldn't be able to get up there too often, but I'd try if something was happening.

Mrcat88

Tazz

Loc.
Sac. River Delta, CA
Missed this one some how. Not that I have a lot of free time, but would be interested. I'm located in Rio Vista so Sac isn't to far.

green73brc

okay so there is interest... but what do we need to do now?

i want to keep the dream alive :)

Howdy

Loc.
Folsom, Ca
Yea it would actually be nice to make it a real club with monthly meetings and hopefully an event or a run each month. I know Lars had mentioned the Ca Bronco e-mail group on yahoo. But thats basiaclly what it is. Just an internet group with an occasional get together or run. It would be nice to meet in person once a month and at least have an event.

Some of you might be like myself and already belong to a 4 wheel drive club. Its a great way to meet people, make an effort to help out in the local and 4 wheel drive community, try to get an adopt a trail we can maintain so others can enjoy as well, and of course get out and have some fun wheeling. My club is mostly jeeps execpt for one other EB and the long lost cousin of the EB a Scout.

If others might feel the same way about meeting once a month and having some kind of run let see if we can put something together. Otherwise we could just keep it informal over the internet and if thats what the concensus is a good place to do that would be the group that Lars mentioned on Yahoo.

IronBenderII

Well, if you guys can wait a couple of weeks we could have it at my house. Lots of parking in the street, I'm on a cul-de-sac so if somebody wanted to bring an RTI ramp over we have a good spot for one, BBQ and a meeting in the garage (where it should be held). Somebody would need to do some research on how to start a club up as well so we can have an agenda.

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
IronBenderII said:
Well, if you guys can wait a couple of weeks we could have it at my house. Lots of parking in the street, I'm on a cul-de-sac so if somebody wanted to bring an RTI ramp over we have a good spot for one, BBQ and a meeting in the garage (where it should be held). Somebody would need to do some research on how to start a club up as well so we can have an agenda.

We can lean the ramp against Jack's Bronco. He never drives it anyway :cool:

I'm interested, but look up "flake" in the dictionary and you'll see a picture of me- at least when it comes to meetings. Life keeps getting in the way. I'll make another pitch for the Yahoo list though. I've met a lot of people that way, and it's an easy tool to get people together around here when there is something going on.

Lars

green73brc

sounds like we should all try to meet once to get the ball rolling... if you cant make it fine... we can post next meetings on line... I dont think we should have attendance or anything... come september my life will once again belong to CSUS, but the summer is MINE!

i have all ways wanted one but never thought it would take off.. but seems like a lot of interest... we should at least have a bbq and see where it goes :)

Eric

kwspony

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Roseville
burgers, pizza, steak.... it's all good;D Someone pick a place and time. I have some busy weekends coming up but I could change my plans, besides the dog house ain't so bad and the girls there love me;D

maybe Roy can get us some SBC hats;D

bnk70bronco

Loc.
Redding, CA
I could probably drive to sac once a month or every other month. I want an all EB club though. I am a part of several 4x4 clubs here and there is one other EB and then all jeeps and toyotas. Why are jeeps so popular? Lets get this party started. Just don't make the first meeting that last weekend of this month. I will be on the Rubicon.;D with the before mentioned jeeps and toyotas. Anyone else that might be there?

raharr3

Loc.
Linden,Ca
LOL the cheap bastards won't even give me a hat. I am a few weeks away from being drivable (Bronco that is). Can I come without a Bronco;D
Owe yah and that few weeks depends on the wife not bitching to much about me being in the garage

Howdy

Loc.
Folsom, Ca
Sounds like maybe a poll should be taken to find out what people want. Do you want an internet club or a club in the traditional sense. If you just want to chat on the internet and have a run or a BBQ every 3 or 4 months that already exists. Its like Lars has mentioned. Its the Ca Bronco forum on Yahoo.

If you want a club that has members, decals, monthly meetings and runs, possible adotpt a trail and so much more, then that is what a club along the tradational lines has to offer. A club like that takes more time and involvement from its members to be a success. Its not just logging onto the computer when you feel like it and sending out a few messages. The rewards are much more satisifying than being just a group of guys that chat on the net and share information.

Its up to you guys. If you want to try and start an actual Bronco club and see if we can make a go of it I am all for it. If you want to just chat on the net then I will just continue status que and read the messages on Yahoo. ;D