• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SaddleUp Soft top

Have you paid for the soft top

• I paid in Full

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I paid a deposit

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • On waiting list - No money paid

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Paid and received my top

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Wanted a top from Rick and now holding off

Votes: 99 82.5%

• Total voters

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
On another note it sure opens the door for someone to capitalize on what seems to be a valid marketable product.
So, Who want's to make tops?
That brings up another point: Is it uncool to copy or even come close to coping someone's design. Ripping off a venders design? Would the bronco community stand for this?

Not only would the Bronco community stand for it, they already do. There are a lot of very similar bumper designs out there. S'up's looks a lot like BC's- or is it the other way around? If the top had a BRONCO rake to the back and not the Rover look and lose the Trooper side windows, I'd be interested in one.

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
and make the white tops again. not that i personally need one. i just heard no one makes the white ones anymore. that would bring some more customers in.

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
sure would help ol rick , if he just kept up with the communication ,,,
i too ,, am a buisness owner ,, and communication is the key to all situations !!! never too buissy for communication ,, in one way or another ,,,

brixter

Loc.
Tuolumne CA
[QUOTE If the top had a BRONCO rake to the back and not the Rover look and lose the Trooper side windows, I'd be interested in one.[/QUOTE]
That was my opinion as well .

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I would love to have one of Ricks tops. They are by far the nicest looking and a simple design. I just hope that this is a glitch, and Rick sees that he has a great product. Communication, Production, something. Come on Rick there are a lot more customers that want your product.

OldStyleBronco

Loc.
Oahu / LA / DC
Jon,

Have you been able to contact this sponsor? What are your thoughts? I know this is a tough one for you. I've done a little due diligence on him and I'm hoping he posts his intentions before I post what I know. I'm still hoping this guy does the right thing and just communicate with his customers. They deserve answers and it would be best for him also.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
That brings up another point: Is it uncool to copy or even come close to coping someone's design. Ripping off a venders design? Would the bronco community stand for this?
It happened with the Stealth bumper.

Dan76

At what point do you ripoff someone's design, specially on something as general as a bumper. I wouldnt say ANY of the vendors bumpers are much different then the thousands of other "custom" bumpers being made. When do you call it ripping off a design, I think its taking a very old design(piece of metal used for protection) and personalizing it to your needs(budget,style,etc..).

Project_bronco

Loc.
Cottonwood, CA
Is BC Bronco's ( I think that was who it was) still going to make that sick top that goes from half cab to full? Does anyone know?

Sorry for the hijack...but not too sorry. ;D;D;D

scsm76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
I sent money to Rick back in June for a used STC/Kayline top based on his word that he would have it shipped out in a couple weeks. I waited a few weeks and never received it so I sent a message and he again said he would get it to me in a few weeks. It has now been six months and he doesn't return phone calls, emails, or PM's from this board. I am not out nearly as much as those who ordered new soft tops but I am still out a decent amount of money. I have tried to file a claim with Paypal but it is too late, so I have no recourse but I hope he will get what he deserves.
I have been dealing with bronco folks for over 15 years and this is the first time I have ever been burned.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Jon,

Have you been able to contact this sponsor? What are your thoughts? I know this is a tough one for you. I've done a little due diligence on him and I'm hoping he posts his intentions before I post what I know. I'm still hoping this guy does the right thing and just communicate with his customers. They deserve answers and it would be best for him also.

Spill it if its true. We already know we are not dealing with an angle.

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
What do we who paid need to know, that isn't yet posted? How long can you wait to apply for a refund from PayPal?

OldStyleBronco

Loc.
Oahu / LA / DC
You only have 60 days to file a claim through Paypal. If it's been longer, you will not be able to automatically file a report. You can contact customer service and see if they will do anything. If you paid via CC through Paypal then I would contact your credit card company after speaking with Paypal.

Unrelated to Saddleup, I went through a situation where I had waited around 75 days to file a complaint with Paypal for an item purchased on Ebay and they did nothing for me. My CC company refunded all my money though.

OP
OP
jcwalsh1

jcwalsh1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
Jon,

I would appreciate it if you could post anything that would help us get the product, our money or even understand what's going on.

Does anyone have a number other than 360-281-4160 to contact Rick. I contacted the Postal Inspectors office today regarding filing a Mail Fraud Claim. I paid with a Postal Money Order and they are willing to start an investigation. I was hoping to avoid this, but it now seems inevitable.

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
CC company's are usually more helpfull then PayPal. Had a similar issure with another vendor (not Bronco related), PayPal told me it was too late to refund. As soon as I got the CC company involved they changed their mind real quick.

Hope you guys get it worked out. If you've used PayPal and it's getting close to 60 days, I would act now or take your chances.

tbrend

Loc.
God's Country (Iowa)
What happens to the money that Rick collected via Paypal or credit card if they give you a refund/credit.

Does the credit card company turn around and charge him or do they write it off?

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I sent money to Rick back in June for a used STC/Kayline top based on his word that he would have it shipped out in a couple weeks. I waited a few weeks and never received it so I sent a message and he again said he would get it to me in a few weeks. It has now been six months and he doesn't return phone calls, emails, or PM's from this board. I am not out nearly as much as those who ordered new soft tops but I am still out a decent amount of money. I have tried to file a claim with Paypal but it is too late, so I have no recourse but I hope he will get what he deserves.
I have been dealing with bronco folks for over 15 years and this is the first time I have ever been burned.

got any friends that are lawyers? I had something paid for and not delivered years ago and the guy basically said tuff. Well I had a lawyer friend that said lets try this and I wont charge you but you might need to pay a deputy 30 buck to deliver it. The deputy showed up at the guys work to deliver the letter from my lawyer stating pay up plus interest owed or we will take him to court and or seize property. Plus having the dumbass's boss there when the deputy showed up.... I got a check within 3 days ;D