• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Scam on collector car trader online

bronco60-niner

Loc.
leavenworth,ks
http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/5/6/86932056.htm

I inquired about this bronco and needless to say it is a scam. The guy actually called me tonight. He told me the wrong year and couldnt hardly answer any questions about it. i could barely understand him...strong mideast accent. Here is the email I received. Do a search on google for d&s transport scam:

Hi

The car is located in LA California.(the new location where i moved) I
stored the car at the shipping company with all the car papers including the clear title
in order to transport to an buyer. Unfortunately that buyer cannot complete the payment
because of his financial problems so the car can be shipped to your location without any
extra costs for the shipping because is already paid.
Since i have a lot of
work to be taken care of here i choose to use the shipping company
where the car is crated so can help us to make this deal. I really think that the best and
safest way for the both of us for completing this deal is through a third party escrow
service. In all my past Internet transactions I have used D&S Transport
Inc,(www.dsctransport.com) as an escrow and shipping company, and every deal I made was a
success. I've shipped several times with them and have established trust - the car is
transported inside and therefore completely protected,It is insured in case of damage and
it takes 3-5 days to be delivered at your door. For the escrow part,since the car is
already at D&S after you will e-mail me your shipping address,i will contact D&S with your
details, and i can provide you in a short time the
tracking number and all the storage
details to verify that the car is shipped under your name and address. It will be your
turn then to make the payment to D&S Transport Inc. After your payment will be confirmed
and secured by them, the shipping process will start (in 3-5 days tops you will have the
car there).
All shipping and insurance fees will be paid by me as agreed. After you get the car, I
will allow you 5 days for inspecting the car. If you find everything all right after the
inspection period, you must contact D&S to release me your payment. The entire payment
will only be released to me AFTER you confirm them that you received and inspected the car
as agreed, and found nothing wrong with it. if for some reason you find the car
unsatisfactory (which I am sure will not happen), I will have it shipped back on my
expense, and you will be fully refunded by D&S Transport.
The car is absolutely flawless and it would be
right to say that you're getting the best
deal ever so if you decide to go on contact me with your shipping address. If you have any
further questions, feel free to ask as I would be glad to assist you in any way I can.
Thanks.

Tony
818-495-4465
LA California
jo43hotshow@yahoo.com

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey my brother has been dealing with this bogus ad last week too! He would call and email with no response! After putting up with this BS for two days, came to the conclusion that it was a scam. You know what they say, "too good to be true"! Price for that truck was way to cheap and "free shipping" were the trouble indicators. Yahoos like this makes a person gun shy in buying over long distance and the interenet. Makes it tough for the rest of us!!!!:mad:

Broncobowsher

Total hack
broncow72 said:
As I was reading the E-mail I couldn't help but use the Apu (from the Simpsons) voice.
I was using the same voice in my head as I read it;D

rad69bronco

Loc.
Shorewood
I've been conversing through e-mails with this guy and this is a total scam. Same things as everyone else. The guy knows nothing about the bronco and has various names and phone numbers.

Neverupright

Loc.
Arlington, WA
I checked on this one too, when he had it listed up here in Washington. Couldn't understand what he was saying half the time on the phone and why he had such perfect English in the ad.

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
Please, someone tell me that they berated this guy on the phone or at least looked to see if the caller id picked up the number. It was probably blocked or whatever. I just want someone to get a couple jabs in. I think I can remember a couple swear words from over there.

rad69bronco

Loc.
Shorewood
This is what I picked up from his e-mail messages and caller ID.

Goes under the name Tony or John Patrick
Email Address: jo43hotshow@yajoo.com
Cell Phone: 214-504-2473
Caller ID: 818-495-4465 (California Call appears on caller ID)

7jwbronco14

more on collector car trader online

called # to try to arrange a time to see the unit as I am local would not even agree to alocation wanted e-mail only scammmm !

armor4u

I Talked To The Scum-bag Tonight,he Said, ''the 1974 Ford Mustang,oh I Mean Bronco Is Still Forsale.i Don't Understand How These People Can Benefit From These Kind Of Scams. Please Shine Some Light On This Subject.

Baja71

Bronco Guru
7jwbronco14 said:
called # to try to arrange a time to see the unit as I am local would not even agree to alocation wanted e-mail only scammmm !

If some guy called and wanted to see my unit, I'd not agree to a location either! ;D