• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Scripted Floor Mat

broncojack

Contributor
"Hopefully" the Sport mat will be next.

I'm as giddy as little school girl! ;D

I talked to broncojack the other day and he said when he talked to Jeff at SEMA this year, the Sport mat is coming up next. :) It's a good day to be a Bronco owner. :cool:

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Glad to see this come to market - we've obviously been waiting a long time for it and apparently a lot of us have been bending vendors' ears about them.

Todd Z.

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Now if someone would produce ginger dashes and other interior plastics!

Al Knoch interiors make colored OEM dash pads. I ordered a Red one from them a few years ago. It's an exact replica. Al Knoch is the gold standard for Corvette interiors.

House

Minutia Militia
So I would imagine there is no t-case shifter hole cutout in the reproduction?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
So I would imagine there is no t-case shifter hole cutout in the reproduction?

It says in the video that it comes with templates for a round or rectangle hole that you cut in, depending on your year.

66Bronco

Finally! I always thought this item would have mass appeal. I remember ordering a front mat from my local Ford dealer in the early 80s and they placed the order but it never came in. Eventually they told me it was no longer in stock.

Glad to see that Jeff jumped on this one.

-Terry

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The Black Mat looks pretty good. I guess I will wait for the Sport Mat in Parchment/Oatmeal.

SP66

Bronco Guru
Ok ok. I'll be the one to ask? After reading on here for years these mats rusted out the Broncos why is everyone interested in putting one back in?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Ok ok. I'll be the one to ask? After reading on here for years these mats rusted out the Broncos why is everyone interested in putting one back in?

Because we that know better now and older too would not put our Broncos in deep water mud holes and not dare put a water hose to the inside!!

At least the ones that want the mat anyway.

SP66

Bronco Guru
Because we that know better now and older too would not put our Broncos in deep water mud holes and not dare put a water hose to the inside!!

Yeah I like them. Gonna put a black one in the 66 but mine sees no mud or water. Just a little grass.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
I ordered one. I thought I might be getting it this week but when I went to check my order status (since I do not get a shipping email from JBG %)) it says it is back ordered!? Anyone else get this? Has anyone received theirs already?

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos

The trick is that if you do get mud/dirt underneath after 4-wheeling....you take the mat out and clean your truck. That is how you prevent rust from forming.

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm so excited to see these mats are available! So what's a Sport mat? I'm assuming it's just a colored version, possibly two pieces? I'm interested in a rear mat as well, hope they make 'em!

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
I ordered one. I thought I might be getting it this week but when I went to check my order status (since I do not get a shipping email from JBG %)) it says it is back ordered!? Anyone else get this? Has anyone received theirs already?

He says they are taking orders now but they won't be available until mid march.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
The trick is that if you do get mud/dirt underneath after 4-wheeling....you take the mat out and clean your truck. That is how you prevent rust from forming.

Yea I know that but when I was in my twenties and having the sport two piece mat I didn't have the time or the care to take it out.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So what's a Sport mat? I'm assuming it's just a colored version, possibly two pieces?

Pretty much a different beast all around. Thicker, more textured, full floor coverage from front to back (except the wheel wells), in different colors and all held down by the same chrome trim as the carpeted EB's had.
This new one is like the one that came originally in my plain-jane '71.

The most common color I remember seeing was the Parchment (or Oatmeal?) that is being mentioned, but lots of Rangers (edit: should read "Explorers) came with color coordinated versions. I've seen darker browns, blues, reds and maybe another color or two (green?) over the years, but the light colored parchment/oatmeal was the one I wanted. Still have a piece saved in a drawer somewhere, and the logos cut out of two of them that were too far gone to salvage as mats. Figured one day I'd just stitch them into some carpet or other floor covering.

That's the one I've been waiting for and we've been talking about all these years. Hopefully it's not too far behind. One could continue to hope...

Paul

Last edited: