• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Scripted Floor Mat

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Pretty much a different beast all around. Thicker, more textured, full floor coverage from front to back (except the wheel wells), in different colors and all held down by the same chrome trim as the carpeted EB's had.
This new one is like the one that came originally in my plain-jane '71.

The most common color I remember seeing was the Parchment (or Oatmeal?) that is being mentioned, but lots of Rangers came with color coordinated versions. I've seen darker browns, blues, reds and maybe another color or two (green?) over the years, but the light colored parchment/oatmeal was the one I wanted. Still have a piece saved in a drawer somewhere, and the logos cut out of two of them that were too far gone to salvage as mats. Figured one day I'd just stitch them into some carpet or other floor covering.

That's the one I've been waiting for and we've been talking about all these years. Hopefully it's not too far behind. One could continue to hope...

Paul

Are you sure the colored mats were in Rangers? I thought all Rangers had color keyed carpet as a standard part of the Ranger trim package.

I was also under the thought that the current mat being reproduced that is shown in the video was the earlier style mat. These only covered the front section.

The later mats (not sure what year exactly, guessing 69-70-ish) had a more course texture, different foot area pattern, and change to the trim cut when the rear section was added to make it a two piece, full mat like used through the end of production. It is this later style that I know I have seen Sports with the Parchment color (most Bajas had these), and Explorers with some funky colors like blue or redish orange and black speckled.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
My 1974 explorer med blue metallic came from the factory with a speckled blue mat. There was not way to take out the mat without gutting the floors interior. Want a factory mat then Rhino line the floor first or risk your floorboards again. There is so much condensation build up inside a stock Bronco you don't need a leak to cause rust. All that un-insulated metal and glass inside just condenses the water out of the air.

House

Minutia Militia
Yes, Rangers were carpet, Explorers had the color keyed mats.
These are not "early" models, as they were used clear up to 1977 on
a BASE model Bronco. Anybody need an NOS one? ;D

broncorick

Sweet. I have several '66 that need these and hopefully they will do the shift boot as well. Boots are rarer than mats!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are you sure the colored mats were in Rangers? I thought all Rangers had color keyed carpet as a standard part of the Ranger trim package.

Yep, you're right. The first ones I ever saw were Explorers, but they were all the one color. I thought I'd seen the colored mats on Rangers, but they must have been Explorers instead. Thanks for catching that.

I was also under the thought that the current mat being reproduced that is shown in the video was the earlier style mat. These only covered the front section.

Correct about the 1-piece and only covering the front section up to the back of the foot-well, but not under the seats.

Paul

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga

Hey I need a nos one can I buy it for 200!

Broncitis

MEB Founder

The one piece mat was the first and only mat originally available before the two piece came out for the Sport model and later also used on the Explorers with some of the color variants and on the Special Decor in basic black.

I guess that's why I often refer to the one piece mat as the early style. I suppose "original style one piece mat" would be the more correct description.

A friend needs a NOS or very nice 2 piece for his restored 77 Special Decor, hoping they come out soon as well.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Can anyone else confirm that the one piece mat was used all 12 years of production?

I just looked at a 76 I have which is used and abused, but was unmolested in many ways and it had the full mat under the seats. However, it does not have Explorer or Sport badging, and does not have window moldings, stainless vent frames, or door frame chrome. It did have beltline chrome, but I figured it was a plain Jane Bronco and may have had that option added (back then it seemed most options were available ala cart, unlike today's more ridgid groupings of options in special packages only in many cases).

These mats have a coarser texture that almost looks like Berber carpet was used as the texture pattern. They also do not have the molded in ribs where your feet rest.

Most of the many Broncos we have owned or parted out over the years have been later ones (74-77), and most have been Rangers, Explorers or Sports I guess, as I can not recall pulling anything but the 2 piece style mats that go all the way under the seats out of any except some early plain jane models.

House may very well be correct in that they were used throughout production, and it may just not be something I had or ever took notice of before.

Last edited:

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The 76 camper I had recently, a Non-sport, base model, had the same style mat in it, front only. BUt that, is just one example....

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Can anyone else confirm that the one piece mat was used all 11 years of production?

I just looked at a 76 I have which is used and abused, but was unmolested in many ways and it had the full mat under the seats. However, it does not have Explorer or Sport badging, and does not have window moldings, stainless vent frames, or door frame chrome. It did have beltline chrome, but I figured it was a plain Jane Bronco and may have had that option added (back then it seemed most options were available ala cart, unlike today's more ridgid groupings of options in special packages only in many cases).

These mats have a coarser texture that almost looks like Berber carpet was used as the texture pattern. They also do not have the molded in ribs where your feet rest.

Most of the many Broncos we have owned or parted out over the years have been later ones (74-77), and most have been Rangers, Explorers or Sports I guess, as I can not recall pulling anything but the 2 piece style mats that go all the way under the seats out of any except some early plain jane models.

House may very well be correct in that they were used throughout production, and it may just not be something I had or ever took notice of before.

I had an all original low mileage 77 Plain Jane, its only option was P/S, it didn't even have a dash pad, but it had a full parchment floor mat, I guess it was ordered that way.

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
I have a1976 base model no chrome has power steering/brakes it has full black mat goes behind seat and a full rear mat held down with chrome molding like carpet.I bought a black mat used to go in my 73 build it was a round hole transfer case it stopped at front seats but it must have had a strip that came up between the seats it was not on there but you could see where it had been cut by the po.

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
The one piece mat was the first and only mat originally available before the two piece came out for the Sport model and later also used on the Explorers with some of the color variants and on the Special Decor in basic black.

I owned a Blue late '66, 289 Bronco. It had the pony interior, BUT it also had a full 1 piece may that went under the seats with no rear mat. It was the Sport oatmeal color style mat, not the Black ribbed short mat. I'm pretty sure I have pictures of it on an old pony interior thread. I'm searching now and will post.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is it just the smaller front Black Mat that is available now with Bronco script and texture?

I would like to see an installed new mat as well.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Well April 10th has come and gone (new date on Graveyard website). Has anyone received their mat yet? What is going on Bronco Graveyard?

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have one on order, but it is still Back Ordered as of today.

Kbpony

I called today, and was told they are back ordered with no indication of a ship date. Very disappointed as the complete stainless bolt kit ordered before Christmas is in the same predicament.