• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Scripted Floor Mat

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
X2!!!
I wonder if they are working on the 2 piece oatmeal colored Sport mat? That would be sweet.

drock

Guess I will be taking my carpet out next month. Thanks for the info.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Tim, is this the one Carpenter is making?

I spoke with Daniel at the All-Ford show this past year and he asked what items were needed, and this was at the top of my list. He did not seem very knowledgable on Broncos (more of a Mustang guy I think), but I did make him aware that there are two different mats. He was supposed to meet up with me the next day to pick up an original I had a friend bring to the show for him, but he went back to NC and never got it, so I guess he got another as a pattern locally.

When I spoke with some of his guys at Fall Carlisle, they said the mat was in the works, and that they planned on doing the early and later styles both, so I would assume that a rear section will also be coming out soon.

I had originally suggested they make the later 2-piece style with a different texture first since that seems to me like the larger market, but when I spoke with them in the fall, they said the earlier style was the one currently in the works.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
my original just went down in value

There will still be guys who want the real thing.

I'd still prefer the NOS ones we put into our 66 and 67 restorations over a repop. Obviously there were a few more NOS ones out there than the writeup on another restoration had realized! ;D

Broncitis

MEB Founder
One of my other suggestions was rear bench seat arm rests since those ares always split and seperating from the frames. We'll see if that gets anywhere....

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Now if someone would produce ginger dashes and other interior plastics!

I thought Hawk Mfg. used to make dashes in colors?

If not, SEM interior paint works. Not as good as having the material the original molded color, but it can look good and will work.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
I'm as giddy as little school girl! ;D

I talked to broncojack the other day and he said when he talked to Jeff at SEMA this year, the Sport mat is coming up next. :) It's a good day to be a Bronco owner. :cool:

X2!!!
I wonder if they are working on the 2 piece oatmeal colored Sport mat? That would be sweet.

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am pretty sure I know who made the mats but do not want to volunteer any info as this is something Jeff arranged. All I and a few other bronco nuts did was spark the interest with Jeff that this will do well on the market! I do know there was another manufacturer several years ago but that never materialized. Understand this is an extremely hard piece to create and is the reason why it took so long to make!! I'm just glad it is finally becoming available.

And yes I have to agree, the colored mats are as much welcomed to me as everyone else. Very cool indeed!!

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I am pretty sure I know who made the mats but do not want to volunteer any info as this is something Jeff arranged. All I and a few other bronco nuts did was spark the interest with Jeff that this will do well on the market! I do know there was another manufacturer several years ago but that never materialized. Understand this is an extremely hard piece to create and is the reason why it took so long to make!! I'm just glad it is finally becoming available.

And yes I have to agree, the colored mats are as much welcomed to me as everyone else. Very cool indeed!!

So is this a JBG exclusive item, or will other vendors also have them?

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
Good news one year after I put a used one in my 73 story of my life;D I to would like to see a full mat to go to the rear of the front seats and the rear section too.