• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Searched the NP205 and have some questions

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am have seen a lot of good ideas and am trying to decide how I want to mount the crossmember/mount. I also want to know how the black box will play into this if I decide to add later. I looked at the tmr custom mount http://www.tmrcustoms.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=106&products_id=732 and not sure if how this thing works. I also see where some people have added a side mount. anybody with a 305 installed please comment or add a picture. The tmr looks like it might be a single sided mount. If you go between the frame rails is the other mount necessary?
Last question. Can this box http://www.northwestfab.com/BlackBox-i-NP205-Titan-Series_p_2402.html be run on the street (box is under six inches long). I would like the option of adding in future if wanted to, but being a driver I need to know it is streetable or not.

thanks
billy

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
Theres a few other options for 205 braces on Ebay that are pretty decent. I added a stock style ford bracket on the drivers side and ran a bolt thru the frame with body bushings above and below the bracket. I want to add another bracket to the passenger side, theres a bracket that bolts to the rectangle cover and connects to the passenger side frame rail.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
thanks. there was a thread with a plan that members were passing around but I cant find the thread. Bax had a pic of his mount and I cant find that thread either. if anyone knows the subject of threads please provide and will search for them.

Firedog67

I made the main crossmember from 2x3x1/4 tubing using the original angle mount that were on the frame. I unbolted and inverted them. The rear I plasma cut 1/4" plate and bolted to rear cover. Used 1"x2"x 3/16" tubing for the cross member mount. The bushing for that are from Jeff's Bronco for the original side mount of the 205

Hope that helps
Jay

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 84

Firedog67

Main intermediate housing support

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
couple of nice ones on ebay. jay, so yours is hanging from the c/m not resting on it?

Firedog67

Hope this pic is more clear

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 73

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I also see where some people have added a side mount.

That additional side mount is not "added"; it is essential. Unlike the D-20 t-case adapter and the widely-spaced mounts on it, the 205 relies entirely on that side mount to react torque; the bottom mount only supports the weight essentially.

I don't have pictures of how I did mine but it was just an "L" bracket that bolted to the side of the 205 (I used countersunk flatheads to attache bracket to t-case instead of bolts to gain a little more clearance....it's pretty tight up against the frame there) and landed on top of the frame rail with 1" rubber mount pucks to give it some give.

Firedog67

I used those brakets for my rear support. I cut the angles and welded them to the circle plate I made using the bushings as well. I had to re-index my case as I am running Duff longtube headers and a 4 link set-up. I simply did not have the space to utilize those brackets as they were intended.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That additional side mount is not "added"; it is essential. Unlike the D-20 t-case adapter and the widely-spaced mounts on it, the 205 relies entirely on that side mount to react torque; the bottom mount only supports the weight essentially.

I don't have pictures of how I did mine but it was just an "L" bracket that bolted to the side of the 205 (I used countersunk flatheads to attache bracket to t-case instead of bolts to gain a little more clearance....it's pretty tight up against the frame there) and landed on top of the frame rail with 1" rubber mount pucks to give it some give.

BMC, i understand it now. I like this mount for the crossmember (supports the weight) http://www.ebay.com/itm/NP-205-Rear...ash=item2804d1f8ec:g:IsAAAOxyHIlTcLM9&vxp=mtr
I have to pick up my engine in the next few weeks so i can mock this thing up behind my awd 4r70W