• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Second Chance Project?

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This Bronco has had a long road. It was painted probably 5-6 years ago and sat in a shop in Walla Walla because the kid couldn’t afford to get it out. A friend of mine covered the bill and inherited the Bronco. He was going to build it with his brother, but his brother passed away. He called me and I bought it. Short time later I was raising funds for a project and sold it to another friend where it then sat outside for 2 years (Didn’t hurt it that much, but didn’t do it any favors either). Then recently my buddy called me and asked if I wanted to buy it back. And that’s just its history in the last 6 years.

I haven’t really decided what I am going to do with it yet. Possibly a ½ cab project? What you see is what it came with, so it needs a ton of stuff.

Attachments

• Second Chance 001.jpg
    Second Chance 001.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Second Chance 002.jpg
    Second Chance 002.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Second Chance 003.jpg
    Second Chance 003.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Second Chance 004.jpg
    Second Chance 004.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Second Chance 005.jpg
    Second Chance 005.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 43

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Looks like a perfect foundation.
Hell, a rust free body is 70% of the battle (around here at least).

spieser

Loc.
Shalimar, FL
You do need a bunch of parts, but as long as you like white, you are good to go on paint and body. Does it have a running drive train?

OP
OP
kyle

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a 302, NP 435 with adapter, F150 PS box, and it already has a 44 with disc brakes. Now I will probably look for a parts truck for all the misc. stuff.

SteveR77

Loc.
Greenbrier,Arkansas
Damn, You have a good foundation to start with, Like Mark said that 70% of it!! Looks really good. I'll be another 6 months just on my Body work. Steve

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Thats sweet Kyle, looks like an excellent start to a project. You have quite the knack for finding some sweet deals. You looking to work on this one at that class? I will get you the details for when it starts, etc. I need to get the future pink one running so I can take it to the class and do the paint and body.

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
Nice looking start.

I am kinda partial to white myself.;D I had to add some black pin striping down the beltline and around the raised part of the hood to make the lines stand out.

Attachments

• DSC02053 (Small).JPG
    DSC02053 (Small).JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC00526 (Small).JPG
    DSC00526 (Small).JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
kyle

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't mind white so it will probably just stay that color. I tend to easily get distracted on projects so it is hard to tell what direction this one will go.