• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Security System

merciless

Loc.
Brooklyn, NY
Was just noticing someone tried to jimmy my pass vent window now it whistles like hell argg.<br><br>Anyone got a good system they use and install themselves. What I really want is a good starter kill. Theres nothing in my bronco to steal but any Ford knowledgable theif would know how easy it is to steal the bronco. <br><br>Im going to get the remote hood latch also but, not sure how secure thats going to be either. I had a chebby truck once in San Antonio and someone stole the battery out of it.<br><br>I really dred having another loud alarm system blasting at all hours on the street but, if it keeps them away ill do it.<br>

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:p :p :p One wire to coil to a hiden switch then to ground and good hood lock it will not run you can put the switch any place you can get to just dont forget and get MAD when it wont start good luck. :p :p :p Bill 8) ::) :p

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
The one I see almost everyday in Texas that works great. 1st stop by the local pound. Find the meanest looking...but gentle tempered dog there. Take it everywhere you go. Just an idea..............

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
razor blades mounted upside-down under the dash just near the ingnition module...<br>....just remember to have a good carpet cleaner nearby and some rubber gloves to clean up the blood of the perp. Hey, now you've got DNA also!!<br>Sorry if this sounds kinda crewl, but F-it, I've been ripped off too many times... Now I'm pissed.....

ASE-73

Loc.
Seattle, WA
A kill wire to the coil takes about 12 seconds to recognize and defeat. <br><br>Install an internal hood latch, and go with multiple electrical cutouts ... the coil, the starter solenoid, the electric fuel pump, and running lights (night theft). Do a custom wiring job by going ground-up on the entire electrical system, or wrap into the existing harness in a way that it looks as stock as possible so it is harder to quickly target and bypass. <br><br>Also, you can install a hydraulic brake lock that "brake locks" all four wheels ... turn the key, step on the brake petal and all four wheels are locked ... cannot be released without a high-security round style key.<br><br>Noise based alarms suck ... nobody cares or pays attention. Pager style alarms now have excellent range. The thief will have no idea you are about to assist him "upside the head" :eek: :eek: :eek:

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
I remember starting that old post, it went on forever. I use a Grant wheel remover and turn the gas tank selector up and if I am really anal remove it. Hard to drive with no wheel and no gas.

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
I installed a Viper alarm in mine. Also pitbulls work pretty well. I also do the gas thing c2 does.

Jeep Slayer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wildomar California
[quote author=TexasBronco link=board=5;threadid=10368;start=0#75366 date=1035148335]<br>The one I see almost everyday in Texas that works great. 1st stop by the local pound. Find the meanest looking...but gentle tempered dog there. Take it everywhere you go. Just an idea..............<br>[/quote]<br>THATS WHAT i DO :eek:

yellow71

Loc.
Western PA
Mine is permanently topless, summer use only. When finished I'm planning a removeable steering wheel and kill switch. It's garaged at all times, will never see the mall (high theft) and if I stop somewhere for a few minutes I can just take the steering wheel off. Who's gonna be able to drive a manual steering EB with a pipe wrench?

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
Yeah, I tried to drive mine with PS, with no wheel and you can turn it a little bit but try escaping from the police or going on the freeway with that ability. Plus, there is not much you can grip on the Grant system since you place a smooth cap over it. There is a tool that you can use but I won't divulge it since someone may catch on... And the gas tank trick works well too.