• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SECURITY SYSTEM - 74 Bronco

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I've always liked the idea of welding a loop on the axle and one on the drag link and when parking you just turn all the way to the one direction and put a big lock through the loops. Someone could attempt a NASCAR getaway, but I doulbt they will get far - that in conjunction of a kill switch would make it very hard to steal - but it still can get towed...

Vehicles with EFI and much harner to steal - it is much easier to secure an EFI Bronco vs a factory Bronco - one wire and a knife and you are gone in minutes.

kevinv

Loc.
Woodinville
I think my rachet shifter will keep most people from stealing mine. I still can't figure the friggin thing out half the time.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I think my rachet shifter will keep most people from stealing mine. I still can't figure the friggin thing out half the time.

HAHA - I've seen people messing with those too. Looks like fun if you figure it out though - I still prefer playing with a my stick when i'm driving ;D

Tulsa76bronco

Wondering if I could use my gas tank switch that is no longer used to kill the fuel pump or do what viperwolf suggested

Tulsa76bronco

Found out it works really well I forgot about it today and only got about a 100 yards from my driveway.;D

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
I put a barrel key switch on my Inertia switch wire. Even if they do find the inertia switch they would have to get power to it.

Jim W.