• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sema 2011

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
charcoal grey Bronco Outside on the front south outside display area. Very nice looking Bronco.

OP
OP
Broncobowsher

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Somehow we left out the Scott Drake silicone hose set.

And the "doesn't belong in a Bronco" Shelby 427 hemi windsor for $40k

Attachments

• PB030499.jpg
    PB030499.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 45
  • PB020433.jpg
    PB020433.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 64

joser

Loc.
Chesterfield, MI
SEMA Broncos

Here are a couple Bronco pics I took.

The Big Oly repro was in 4 Wheel Drive a few months ago.

The grey one was so nicely done.

All in all I thought it was a great show and gave me some killer ideas if I ever have a few hundred thousand laying around to spend on building a couple dream trucks.

Attachments

• Picture 044.jpg
    Picture 044.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Picture 057.jpg
    Picture 057.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 54

Rockmnky

Was at SEMA with Brian Blaylock and enjoyed meeting everyone from the bronco world, here's a photo of the blue bronco. Also when talking to the Daystar guys was told their going to have a 5x5.5 soon. Other pic is of Brian wanting a new shackel !
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...No sign of a Dynacorn Bronco body - and I'm not holding my breath for one either...

In talking with the Ford and Icon guys, it sounds like the Dynacorn Bronco body is not going to become a reality any time soon, if at all. Only time will tell for sure, but given the quality of the Mustang bodies, I does't seem like that great of a loss.

Did anybody else notice the Nike swoosh under the hood of the Icon Bronco on the driver's side cowl? I thought I took a picture of it, but now I can't find it. Apparently they machined a bunch of the CNC Icon parts for the EB project...who knew they had a bunch of 5-axis CNC's looking for work?

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
Here is a picture. It was my understanding Nike did not do the cover, they sponsored the build in some way.

Last year the Dynacorn guys said they were just working through some licensing issues with Ford. Given they have licenses for all the good Mustangs (sorry you mustang II guys out there) I can not believe they could not figure out the Ts and Cs? My guess is there were other issues? I have yet to see anyone produce a good corner for the rear quarters, maybe that was the issue?
Dennis

Attachments

• CIMG9428.jpg
    CIMG9428.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
Broncobowsher

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Here is a picture. It was my understanding Nike did not do the cover, they sponsored the build in some way.

Last year the Dynacorn guys said they were just working through some licensing issues with Ford. Given they have licenses for all the good Mustangs (sorry you mustang II guys out there) I can not believe they could not figure out the Ts and Cs? My guess is there were other issues? I have yet to see anyone produce a good corner for the rear quarters, maybe that was the issue?
Dennis

After lengthy discussions with both Dynacorn and the Ford Liscensing people. Real info from people involved and not personal specualtion...

The project is still on. On the Ford side they are going through all the normal channels like they did with the Mustangs. Last I heard it was being reviewed by Safety. Dynacorn admits that the press release didn't come out right. It takes years to build up the tooling to build all the little parts to make a whoe body. All the little parts that you never buy when repairing an old body, stuff that either never goes bad or you just make it from scratch rebuilding a bashed body. Can't mass produce bodies without ALL the parts tooled up. They ned to sell a bunch more Mustang and Camero bodies to help pay for the Bronco tooling.

It takes about 5 years to go from idea to a body. They were asked about the Bronco body a week after they decided to do it. The press went and said that Dyacorn was going to build bodies without taking into account the lead time. No one has pactience, they figured it would be out in a few months. We are about 3 years into the process. You honestly have about 2 years to go before the bodies will be available, providing there are no more economy crashes, revolution in China, or other unforseeable problems. If you feel like donating about $7,000,000 to Dynacorn they can have the bodies tooled up a lot faster. Anyone ready to donate?

ArmyCOL

I really liked the Dakota Digital Guage Cluster. Unfortunately it is way out of my price range. Guess I really do have to win the lottery.

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
After lengthy discussions with both Dynacorn and the Ford Liscensing people. Real info from people involved and not personal specualtion...

The project is still on. On the Ford side they are going through all the normal channels like they did with the Mustangs. Last I heard it was being reviewed by Safety. Dynacorn admits that the press release didn't come out right. It takes years to build up the tooling to build all the little parts to make a whoe body. All the little parts that you never buy when repairing an old body, stuff that either never goes bad or you just make it from scratch rebuilding a bashed body. Can't mass produce bodies without ALL the parts tooled up. They ned to sell a bunch more Mustang and Camero bodies to help pay for the Bronco tooling.

It takes about 5 years to go from idea to a body. They were asked about the Bronco body a week after they decided to do it. The press went and said that Dyacorn was going to build bodies without taking into account the lead time. No one has pactience, they figured it would be out in a few months. We are about 3 years into the process. You honestly have about 2 years to go before the bodies will be available, providing there are no more economy crashes, revolution in China, or other unforseeable problems. If you feel like donating about $7,000,000 to Dynacorn they can have the bodies tooled up a lot faster. Anyone ready to donate?

No offense, unless you work for Dynacorn...that still sounds like personal speculation..

We will know when the Bronco bodies are available...when....they are available.

OP
OP
Broncobowsher

Broncobowsher

Total hack
No offense, unless you work for Dynacorn...that still sounds like personal speculation..

We will know when the Bronco bodies are available...when....they are available.

So how is a pointed conversation with Dynacorn specificly about the availability of Bronco bodies be personal speculation? It is the word from the source. My Personal speculation is that even the employees don't know any more then I do at this point.:p

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA

This pretty much mirrors the conversation that I had with one of guys in the booth, the one that travels to Taiwan... I fogot his name already. There was also the shortage of steel after tunami in Japan. "Next summer" is the earliest that he would speculate.