• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Shifter hitting dash

fireman1749

Loc.
Clarksville, TN
I installed my JB Fab J-shift twin sticks earlier, great product. the only thing is shifting the front (left stick) into low it hits the dash.... anyone know whats up??

Doyle

Bronco Guru
Mine's a Duff, but I had to bend the rod that engages the fork a few degrees on both shifters to get knuckle (mine) clearance in low range.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I installed my JB Fab J-shift twin sticks earlier, great product. the only thing is shifting the front (left stick) into low it hits the dash.... anyone know whats up??

Pics pics pics. I dont think either one of mine is anywhere near the dash, hmmm.

Kaw-Liga

Loc.
Palm Coast, FL
My JB t-stlye did that too....I too bent the tab that engages the shift rod(different style, but stock mine also had some binding so I bent the tab which not only fixed the binding I had but also shortened the throw)

Rob

brixter

Loc.
Tuolumne CA
MIne came close but did not hit . I did bend mine back and to the right so it wouldnt hit my leg while driving though. Not hard to do

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Looking at the position of your sticks they looks to be mounted further up on the tunnel but I'm also running a C-4. Mine clear with pleanty of room

Attachments

• Twin Stick1.jpg
    Twin Stick1.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Twin Stick2.jpg
    Twin Stick2.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Twin Stick3.jpg
    Twin Stick3.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 6

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Maybe its your big ol knobs ;D no seriously. Looks like you will need to bend them back a bit, sorry about that. Talk to Jon, maybe he has a suggestion.