• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Shipping option for big heavy parts?

mgb0302

During my search for a full width axle, I discovered Fastenal will no longer ship front axles (something regarding a change in their policy). I also contacted UPS and was quoted $800.

Anyone have any ideas on how to ship a front axle?

chuckyb

Contributor
I've had several good experiences (and no bad ones) with uship for tractor implements and other heavy parts. Basically, guys with some room on their truck will bid on moving your part from point A to point B.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
USHIP.COM. Put it on a pallet. We ship pallets that weigh 300 lbs from Phoenix to Dallas for $99. The front axle will hang off the ends of the pallet, so just put the length of the pallet as the length of the axle. If you don't have a fork lift or loading dock, you'll either have to pay $50 for a liftgate truck pickup, or get a buddy to help you lift it into the back of the truck.

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A lot of great suggestions. Since I live in the heart of RV production I always use a company that delivers RV's. They crisscross the USA constantly. and are pretty reasonably priced.

frenchy

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I've shipped axles and transmissions through Fastenal, SAIA Freight, and YRC (formerly Roadway) freight.

Fastenal was by far the cheapest. This is the first I've heard of them no longer shipping axles. The last item I shipped through them (Bronco C4) had to be fully contained in a crate. I couldn't just strap it to a pallet. If that's the case with everything now, how would they have any idea what's in the crate? Axle or otherwise.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Friend got his best shipping using Airborn Freight. Strange to think shipping by air is the most cost effective way, but it was.