• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Silver Bullet Bronco Build

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
More Radiator Updates

Worked on the radiator some more last night. Here are some progress pics.

First, shows I removed the grill.

IMG_0432.jpg

Started trimming with the sawsall! :D

IMG_0431.jpg

Here's the radiator and roughly how it's going to be mounted. This radiator is way bigger than my last, I sure hope it keeps this thing cool!

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

Also, going to trim some sheetmetal and flares as the tires rub at full bump and turn

IMG_0428.jpg

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
Keep it up, are you going to use airbags on suspension?

No, I have 5.5 inch lift coil springs from Tom's. I am probably going to convert to coilovers some day, we'll see. I really like how this performs and handles the way it is. Thanks for the compliments!

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
New Front End and Radiator Install Pics

I've been working in pieces on a new modified core support to fit a larger radiator. Also, I started a dual fan shroud to house two Taurus fans. It's going to need some flap disc help, and a brake wouldn't been nice! I also had to use some metal I had laying around for the shroud, so it has some surface rust. Once done I will sand blast it and paint it up all nice.

I'm a little stumped as to a grill center section. I'm basically going to mount a left and right pieces of the grill with each headlight attached, so the sides will look like stock. However, this center section has me. I could put some expanded steel behind the bars. Or I could run horizontal bars similar to a new style ford truck grill? Any ideas?

Here's some pics:

New core support almost ready for final welding:
IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

Taurus Dual fan shroud:

Both sitting on the radiator:

IMG_0437.jpg

Starting the layout:

IMG_0442.jpg

To get the fans off the fan motor so I could take the Taurus shroud apart, I had to grind just a little here:

IMG_0438.jpg

Once the fan motors were off, I cut this piece off the original Taurus shroud:

IMG_0441.jpg

Then, I cut holes in the sheet metal and bent some tabs to attach to the plastic shrouds. I drilled 1/4 inch holes through both the metal tab and shroud and will bolt them there:

IMG_0445.jpg

Here is what it looks like all bent (by hand) with the two fans sitting there:

IMG_0448.jpg

More to come once I finish this up!

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
Steering Shaft Issues

Also, forgot to post pics, but about a month ago I figured out a weird steering issue I was having due to all the weird angles of my steering shaft. So, I purchased a Pillow Block and made a bracket off my shock hoop to support it. This solved the movement of the shaft when you'd first start to turn and fixed the weirdness when you'd turn going any speed.

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Looking good, I've been following you tread for a while, too bad your not closer to go wheeling with.

David

72-Madisyn

Loc.
Medford
looking so different from when I saw it sitting your garage. I am just starting my Efi build, might hit you up for a question or two once i get stuck.

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
looking so different from when I saw it sitting your garage. I am just starting my Efi build, might hit you up for a question or two once i get stuck.

Hey there. Let me know if you have any questions, just PM me for info or come look at it. It's been running awesome, some small things left, but it's hard to work on it when it's mostly running great!

Durtymax

Hey Zach, how is the ride doing? I got that tube clip done and all my panels bolted on, it works great, thanks or the help.

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
Hey Zach, how is the ride doing? I got that tube clip done and all my panels bolted on, it works great, thanks or the help.

Nice, you'll have to post some pics! Mine's doing well, switching tires at the moment and lowering it back down. I'm putting a set of 40 BFG KM2's on it.

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
Here are some new pics, I forgot to post these a while ago. I'm currently lowering it back and putting some 40's on it. Here's a few different pics.

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

On 44's:

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

eb-nutt1

Hurry up with some pics of the 40" km2's. i always liked it best with the toyo's, seemed more balanced out. The bigger tires make it look out of whack, ie: to tall and bloated.

brian

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
Hurry up with some pics of the 40" km2's. i always liked it best with the toyo's, seemed more balanced out. The bigger tires make it look out of whack, ie: to tall and bloated.

brian

I totally agree. I liked the Toyo's best also. I should have them on in a couple of weeks. I'll post some pics when it's ready.

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
Anyone have pics of an EB with Hummer H2 Wheels / Rims? I sold the 44's and going with a 40 BFG KM2, but need a cheap 17 inch wheel. I think with the backspacing of those rims bein 4.5 inches, I think it will still look nice.

Any thoughts?

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
Anyone have pics of an EB with Hummer H2 Wheels / Rims? I sold the 44's and going with a 40 BFG KM2, but need a cheap 17 inch wheel. I think with the backspacing of those rims bein 4.5 inches, I think it will still look nice.

Any thoughts?

Check out my build, you can see the H2 wheels on mine.

BTW.......Your truck looks badass! Love the color!