• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Silver Bullet Bronco Build

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Yeah, third row seat out of a 2004 Yukon. Now seats 3 in the rear. How's your hboost setup working? I'd like to do the same, just running out of funds quickly!

Working great, really one of the easiest mods I have done, pretty cheap too!
I need to seat 3 littles in mine too...pm about to be sent.

72-Madisyn

Loc.
Medford
love it! I am gonna have fun watching you go crazy in that while i am sitting back so mine doesnt get all that hurt! looks to good now to go wheel.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
just now catching this thread, i'm liking the tube work. i may be getting ready to cut out the front inner fenders and tube it with the help of broncow. can you show some pix of how you mounted the fenders to the tubing?

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
Update Pics

Okay, since I posted last a little while ago, I've done the following:

- Front and Rear 1410 High Angle Drivelines Installed with E-Brake Setup (very nice)
- Mounted Dual Optima Batteries
- Installed Heater with Chevy Blower and Cage
- Built and Mounted ECU above the heater - the bracket is very simple and seems to hold the ecu very tight
- Mounted Fender Flares
- Mounted Front 60 Diff Guard from GLO
- Mounted 14BB Pinion Guard from GLO (ready to mount the 14bb diff guard shortly)
- Mounted radiator and taurus fan

I think that's about it. Here are some okay pics. I'll take better ones later. Have a good weekend guys!!!

Fender Flares Mounted
IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

ECU mounted and Heater Mounted
IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

Radiator Mounted with Taurus Fan
IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
Custom Dash - Any Ideas?

Okay, I'm working on my dash. I already have the dash made, just need to cut holes for everything I need. I've thought about this pretty hard, but would like any ideas/opinions anyone may have as to what I should add or arrangement.

Items to include on dash:

• Ignition
• Check engine light
• ARB switches – Compressor, front ARB
• 6 gauges: MPH, Tach, Oil, Volt, Temp, Fuel – 3 3/8, 2 1/16
• 3 heater switches
• Headlight switch
• Wiper switch
• High beam led
• Blinker leds
• 2 Cigarette Lighters
• Air Tank Gauge?
• Winch Controls
o 1 on off toggle, two starter buttons for in / out
• Toggle Switches:
o Front Rock Lights
o Rear Rock Lights
o Backup lights
o Interior lights
o Front KC lights
o Electric Fan
o Tranny Cooler Electric Fan
o A/C Compressor​

Optional Items:

• Heater vents
• Speakers
• CD Player
• Glove Box
• Cup Holders
• Ipod Holder

Here is a large pic:

dash_layout.gif

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
Update Pics - Dash, Orbital, A/C Compressor, etc.

I've been working on the bronc some more, here are some updates:

1. Mounted orbital valve, it's kind of a weird location, but only decent spot I felt to mount it - this engine compartment is getting very tight

IMG_0165.jpg

2. Mounted ARB compressor

IMG_0167.jpg

3. Mounted AC Compressor: I bought a Multi-Steer bracket from BC Broncos to run the saginaw POS pump I have and a Sanden 508 ac compressor. I could not find a Sanden that would fit, Jeep cherokees have them, but they were too deep and hit the head. So, I used the stock Mustang compressor which is a Nippondenso and made a couple brackets that bolt to the Sanden bracket. It was pretty easy, and you can find these compressors almost anywhere.

IMG_0166.jpg

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
More pics

4. Dash: I installed my guages, switches, etc. I still need to install the arb/compressor switches, but in all it came out nice. I definitely should've cut the holes before painting it, as there are 3 nice scratches from the dremel. But I don't really care too much, afterall it is a wheeler, just a little pretty.

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

5. Started mounting engine harness relays, fuse panel, etc. Planning where to mount all other electronics

IMG_0168.jpg

6. Hydraulic steering cooler / Tranny cooler: I removed the winch to put the tranny and steering coolers in front of the radiator. I'll have to cut the grill quite a bit to put those in and it will be very tight, so I'm looking for alternative places to put them. Any ideas? I was thinking maybe on the face of the grill under the blinkers and build a guard around each.

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

7. Misc. items: seats/tailgate/hood, etc.

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Everything is looking sweet bro! Your dash came out great. I can't wait to see this thing on the rocks. And I bet you can't either, huh!?

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR

Everything is looking sweet bro! Your dash came out great. I can't wait to see this thing on the rocks. And I bet you can't either, huh!?

Definitely can't wait to be driving it. I'm almost there!!! It's killing me not having it done.

I'll have to bring it down to your area for a bronco run somewhere. That would be a blast. Take care.

Have you dove into a mog/9 front axle yet?

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Definitely can't wait to be driving it. I'm almost there!!! It's killing me not having it done.

I'll have to bring it down to your area for a bronco run somewhere. That would be a blast. Take care.

Have you dove into a mog/9 front axle yet?

Absolutely! You say when. Would love to go wheeling with you. Haven't started the front Mog/9 yet. I put so much time and $$$ into my front D60, I can't bring myself to tear it out. :p

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
Well, it runs now. Here is a video that shows it's first fire. Since then we dialed in the timing and a few other glitches. Other than that, this thing runs amazing!! Tons of power and no weird issues, I'm pretty stoked. I actually drove it down our driveway with my family, our little boys were very excited!

Also, I put some 40 inch Toyo MT's on 22 rims that I got a deal on. I'll post some pics later, it looks pretty sweet with that setup.

The squealing you hear from the first start happened to be my brand new 3G alternator from a vendor in Canada. I think the bearings are shot, because I through in an old Mustang one I had and it worked great. Does anyone know the vendor that's highly recommended on here and is in Canada? I couldn't find his info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW-iLe2RWjs

joe

Bronco Guru
AWESOME!

i just got done with the taurus fan. it is one suckin fan ;D

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
Bronco on 22's

Okay, so, I just drove the Bronc to work for the first time, with my 3 year old! It ran great on the road!

Love it or hate it, here is a bronc on 22's and 40 inch Toyos! I have had mixed reviews from my friends. I still have the other tires and rims for wheeling, these for the street and some wheeling.

Let me know what you think!

attachment.php

attachment.php

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
Here are some shots from playing around yesterday. Nothing too crazy, just a little gravel pile. Friday we're going wheeling, so it will get broken in then. We never put in in 4 wheel because I need to adjust my cable shifters, however, this thing feels like a caddy, it's so smooth and with the new wheelbase it just wants to climb. I'm pretty stoked to say the least!! We had my cousin, his two kids and my 3 year old son in the back Yukon seat, they looked very comfy and were having a blast. That makes the whole project worth it.

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0231.JPG

IMG_0232.JPG

IMG_0233.JPG

IMG_0234.JPG

IMG_0235.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0237.JPG

IMG_0238.JPG

IMG_0239.JPG

IMG_0240.JPG

IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0242.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0244.JPG

IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_0247.JPG

IMG_0248.JPG

IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

IMG_0252.JPG

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Well, you asked what we thought:

I absolutely love this build and the rig. I can't stand those new tires and wheels, though. It looked much better with the other ones, IMO. Other than that, nothing but a big thumbs up from me. That thing is awesome!