• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Silver Bullet Bronco Build

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
Thanks for the feedback guys. I new some would love and hate the rims, I personally love the 40's, but to replace one is way to expensive. So, not sure what I'm going to to. I might sell my 38.5's and try some 40 or 42 iroks / sx's and have those for wheeling.

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
Looks great. How does she flex? Any tire rubbing with the axles located where they are?

So far I haven't totally flexed it out, however, I know at full bump and turn the front tires will hit. So, I might have to do some more cutting. The rear is very smooth, it seems to flex well. I'm going wheeling today so I'll take some pics of it flexed out.

ncsubronc

looks insane on the 22's...i actually like the combo. i would hate to put a gash in a $700 tire though :eek:

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
Alright, I took it wheeling Friday, it did great. A few little issues, but nothing major. I'll post those pics later.

I had a chance to take it to my cousins shop and play a little with the forklift. I was pretty happy with the results. The rear tire will flex 41 inches off the ground before it rips off the fender flare. It wasn't hitting metal in these pics, just the flare. I could probably go 2 or so more inches by not having the flares.

Here you go!

IMG_0275.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0277.JPG

IMG_0278.JPG

BRONC-OH

Loc.
Wintergreen, Va.
This is an awesome build. How does the 3 Link handle on the road? I am interested in the same kinda setup but am worried the rear would be too loose on the road.

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Wow! This thing is SWEET!! I don't love the wheels but it does stand out no question. Great job on this truck!!

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
3 Link

This is an awesome build. How does the 3 Link handle on the road? I am interested in the same kinda setup but am worried the rear would be too loose on the road.

It actually handles awesome on the road. It's really not too soft, to me it feels just right. I do get a little more leaning on corners than I did with leafs, but nothing bad. Believe me, for all around I feel it's way better than my previous setup.

1Ton73

Loc.
Roseburg, Oregon
I just read through your whole build (I'm new to the site) and all I can say is WOW, great work. Your Bronco looks awesome! I really like a lot of your ideas.

Hors'nround

Loc.
Spruce Grove Alberta
Very nice results on the build.

After reading through once and looking through for the second time, I'm warming up to the wheel/tire combo. Maybe its just me but it reminds me of the Warthog from my sons Halo 3 game.

P.S. My favorite pics are the ones on the washed out road/bridge.

yak67

Bronco Guru
That is one of the sweetest rigs I've seen, I hate big wheels, but I think those look awesome on your Bronco, I think because they are black, so they don't look so bling. Nice job!!

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
Radiator Issues - Finalization of the Bronco!

Well, I've been dealing with some heat issues ever since I started driving this. The radiator/fan just cannot keep up with the continual RPM's of traveling up a steady incline or engine load. So, I'm going to do the following:

1. Install a 34 inch wide x 19 tall 4 row big block chevy radiator (this gives me almost 12 inches more core area and 1/2 inch thicker core). I got this radiator used and it seems to be in great shape. If not, it was only $20. I just don't have the cash for a Ron Davis or C&R radiator right now.

2. Build a shroud and install two taurus fans on the shroud: one fan is the two speed taurus, the other is a single speed taurus fan out of an SHO model. I will have both on manual switches to turn them off, but primarily they will both be ran off their own temp switches turning on at different temps and both will run only if it's say around 210 or so.

While the Bronco is down, I'm going to finish my checklist of items that need to be addressed after driving it for some time.

Such as:

- ARB hooked up
- Finalize rock lights and some wiring
- Limiting straps / bump stops
- Trim front fenders - at full turn and bump tires rub

etc.

Also, my rims are getting powdercoated this week Silk Satin Black to match my bumpers, cage, etc.

Once this is all dialed in, it's time for some good pics and I heard of a magazine that might want to feature this thing!

Here are some pics of last nights progress: removed existing radiator and bumper. Notice the size difference!

attachment.php

attachment.php