• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Slight change in tire size going to make any difference?

Bradsp8

I have 225/75 R15 radials on it currently and nobody seems to have this size in BFG All Terrain T/A KO but they do have 235/75 R15. Am I correct in thinking the tires are slightly wider from sidewall to sidewall but not any taller?

Is $1000.00 for 5 mounted and balanced a good price?

I've never had the BFG All Terrains before but everyone seems to praise them and I see them on every other 4WD vehicle on the road so I'm going to give them a try.

suthernboy

Loc.
Greenville, NC
It would be 10mm wider and slightly taller as the "75" is the aspect ratio, which means the height of the sidewall is 75% of the width.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
In metric tire sizing the number after the / is the aspect ratio meaning the percentage of the width that the height is, in this case 75%

So the 235 tire is taller, 7.5 mm (a bit less than 5/16")

$1,000 = $200 each

Walmart sells them for $149.89 (site to store) and installs tires for $12 each = $161.89

OP
OP
Bradsp8

Bradsp8

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll go with Walmart. I would not have even considered going there if it wasn't mentioned here.

bteutsch

Was going to suggest tire rack, but they are the same price as walmart, I am lucky enough to have a tire rack warehouse in town that allows local pickup. usually have the tires mounted at walmart after I pick them up. If you carry loose wheels into walmart they will mount them for $5 per wheel. For $10 I think they do lifetime rotate and balance. not a bad deal either way.

patterdale

Bronco Guru
Cooper Discoverers in 235/75/R15's fit fine with a little radius harm rub in extreme steering situations. Can't remember the total cost but know it was less than $1,000.

DanHall

Loc.
Pueblo, CO
In metric tire sizing the number after the / is the aspect ratio meaning the percentage of the width that the height is, in this case 75%

So the 235 tire is taller, 7.5 mm (a bit less than 5/16")

$1,000 = $200 each

Walmart sells them for $149.89 (site to store) and installs tires for $12 each = $161.89

Only true for a flat tire...

There are two sidewalls in the diameter so the tires will be 15mm taller.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Only true for a flat tire...

There are two sidewalls in the diameter so the tires will be 15mm taller.

Doh! :-[

But for clearance purposes 7.5 mm

Speedo gearing? It will be the circumference that changes, but still not much.