• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Snapped some Bronco Concept pics yesterday

blksn8k

I took 164 photos when I was at the Detroit show yesterday. :D
Here are the pics of the Bronco. Sorry if some are a little dark. I was using my Sony mini DV to take stills and I don't have a flash on it yet. You will notice none of these are of the complete vehicle. That was intentional. You can see those on any magazine website. I was trying to get more detailed shots. Enjoy...
f9f3db88.jpg

f9f3db70.jpg

f9f3db4e.jpg

U

Unregistered

Excellent work there blksn8k. Those are the best pics I have seen yet. It must have ben awesome to actually put your own eye balls on the beauty.

Thanks !

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
"Excellent work there blksn8k. Those are the best pics I have seen yet. It must have been awesome to actually put your own eye balls on the beauty".

Opps, that was me and I forgot to log in.

Thanks again for sharing those pics !

Awnrie69

Loc.
Salem, Or
That is way cool.... so did you get any additional insight? Does it have a backseat in it? Is there carpet?

OP
OP
blksn8k

blksn8k

The show was awesome. Unfortunately, as anyone who has ever been to a show like this can verify, they only put models out there with the vehicles and they have a scripted speech that they do every few minutes. If you ask them any questions they either give a scripted answer or a blank stare. They really don't know much other than what they are told to say.
And then you have dummies like me who are just trying to get a few pics and move on to the next cool ride. I honestly didn't even think to check for a back seat! Pretty sure it doesn't have carpet though.;) I never saw it with the hood up so I could not tell if the "scoop" was a shaker or not but it does kinda look that way. Like most concepts it was on a turntable and you were not allowed to actually touch it. ;D
By the way, the 2005 Mustang GT, Ford GT and Shelby Cobra concept were the most popular group of cars judging by the crowds.
f9f3d5aa.jpg

f9f3d44b.jpg

f9f3d254.jpg

f9f3d06b.jpg

f9f3cef0.jpg

OP
OP
blksn8k

blksn8k

Shift what? If you're asking about the Bronco I think the write-ups mention that it uses paddle shifters on the steering wheel like some of the high zoot imports. I think it also has some type of dual clutch set-up. One of the other threads mentions all that, I think.

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
hood isn't a shaker. It also opens elecrtically. The back of the bed (where the rear seat would go) has a 'baja-runner' type spare tire holder. The gauges have a built in inclinometer. Now they mention that the whole top comes off in two sections leaving a roll bar look-alike hoop exposed. The engine compartment is rather clean (like all concepts). The door have funky latches on them. After the pre-fabricated speech, they are now mantioning to the crowds that if desired, they can enter letters to Ford at a computer next to the display and there are also models walking around asking for your feedback and capturing the information on a palm pilot. I have pics of the hood and detailed IFS. I'll post them when i get some computer time at home. There are pretty cool postcards up for grabs by the stand also.

If y'all wish, compile a list of names and addresses of those here in the board and i'll be happy to pass it on to the stand people requesting that one of these postcards get mailed to you.

If they refuse, i could grab a whole bunch of them and mail them to you if you provide a stamp (yeah, i'm cheap).

cheers

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
I would love a postcard......
I would also love that Carroll Shelby autograph on the new Cobra.
Nice work guys and it must be a thrill to attend that show in particular.
Thanks for sharing the experience with us.
Chris

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
EdBronco7X said:
If y'all wish, compile a list of names and addresses of those here in the board and i'll be happy to pass it on to the stand people requesting that one of these postcards get mailed to you.

Hey, I'd like a postcard too! Will PM you my address. Thanks!

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
Never saw that one...The top Bronco looks cool....
I was there yesterday, and everyone around me were saying they would buy one...I heard alot of oh"s, and ah's...More than any other car I was around....They won't let you get close enough to take detailed pics...The Bronco shifts like an Indi car, there are tabs on both sides of the steering wheel...Couldn't see how the top comes off...The Bronco badge on the dash needs to look like to original Bronco script, instead of the 80's