• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sneak Peek of Screamin Demon Dyno Video Added

Modman

Loc.
Laurens, SC

Attachments

• 07 Motor Install Finished.jpg
    07 Motor Install Finished.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 492
  • 07 Motor Install Finished 2.jpg
    07 Motor Install Finished 2.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 437
  • 07 Motor Install Finished 3.jpg
    07 Motor Install Finished 3.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 461
Last edited:
OP
OP
Modman

Modman

Loc.
Laurens, SC
Running Great

very cool. how's she running van?

Tom definitely named the project right. The5R55s trans has a 3.22:1 first gear which we have never had before with the old automatic transmissions. That combined with the variable cam timing which helps to build low end torque and great top end makes for an unbelievable ride in a Bronco. The 5 speed auto, variable cam timing and the drive by wire will also help with fuel mileage. I think we will be able to hit the 20 mark as long as the brick aerodynamics don't hurt us to much.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Looks great! I spy the LineX is complete and they went with what looks like a ProFlow hood. I hope they raffle this one off too!!

JRED

Very cool. I think in the near future we will be seeing alot of 4.6 powered broncos. There are so many of them sitting around. Great job.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
she is a tight squeeze in there! another awesome job!

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
That looks and sounds awesome! Very cool. Keep us posted as it gets finished up. Wow, it sounded good.

OP
OP
Modman

Modman

Loc.
Laurens, SC
Will that skinny radiator be up to the task?

Yea, That is the the size of the factory Mustang radiator core. We also incorporate the factory two speed cooling fan that is controlled by the ECM so everything works as it should from the factory. It's cooling fine in 100+ degree weather we have been having here.

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
i just opened the latest issue of BD and now I found this thread, this swamp will definitely be part of my plans for the near future. PLEASE post as much info as possible.Thanks

OP
OP
Modman

Modman

Loc.
Laurens, SC
i just opened the latest issue of BD and now I found this thread, this swamp will definitely be part of my plans for the near future. PLEASE post as much info as possible.Thanks

Bronco Driver will be covering the whole build process but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Questions....

Modman,

You quoted that you used a custom adapter to couple the dana 20 to the 5R55S 5spd Automatic.......

Here are a few shots of the engine install before we cleaned it up. The engine is an 07 3 Valve 4.6 with the matching 5R55S 5 speed automatic coupled to the Dana 20 with a custom adapter.

Did you make or have a shop make the adapter or did you buy it off the shelf?

Also, you said that this is the best or one of the best combos you have driven, do you think this combo is better than the power stroke Bronco you built previously?

J.D.

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
Another awesome job Modman!!

I look forward to these threads that you start every so often. More pics if you got 'em please :cool:

Oh.. how long til you put the new 6.2L in an EB? ;D